Supplier Quality Engineer Purcell Systems Incorporated
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Category: Domestic
Charged with supplier qualification, quality assurance, and alignment of product design with supplier manufacturing capabilities. Responsible for all supplier management issues related to quality performance, qualification, process improvement, and corrective actions.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Define, manage, and maintain supplier quality requirements and quality assurance programs.
2. Ensure the quality and accuracy of materials procured.
3. Create and maintain mutually beneficial long-term partnerships with suppliers to foster feedback and continuous improvement.
4. Ensure supply chain involvement in design process.
5. Foster best practices with engineering to meet key design for manufacturability objectives.
6. Manage and optimize supplier quality performance, including continuous improvement, innovations, obsolescence and reduction in total cost of ownership.
7. Develop and employ metrics to evaluate suppliers, cost, quality, and delivery performance.
8. Develop cross-functional teams to understand company-wide needs and evaluate suppliers.
9. Research and understand relevant process and technology development and recommend ideas for improving the capability and performance of suppliers.
10. Complete other tasks, assignments, and projects as directed.
Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor's degree in engineering, business or related field, or; an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
2. Minimum five years supply chain experience in a technology industry as well as materials or manufacturing experience preferred.
3. Experience managing multiple suppliers under a broad commodity group. Relevant commodity experience should include fabricated sheet metal parts, electronic components and cables, and/or electronic peripherals (e.g., environmental equipment, power systems, etc.).
4. Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and enterprise resource planning systems, such as SAP preferred.
The incumbent will be notified of his or her work schedule. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
The incumbent may work in both office and manufacturing environments. While in the production area, employees may be exposed to occupational hazards including, but not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemicals, etc., and must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices. The temperature in the production facility fluctuates with changing seasons.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position is relatively sedentary.
The job description outlined above represents the primary job duties and requirements of this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills, and is subject to change during the course of employment.
Location Spokane , WA
Minimum Experience (yrs):
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Benefits: 401(k) Plan
9 Company Paid Holidays
Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
Medical, Vision & Rx Insurance
Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
Short/Long Term Disability Ins.
Voluntary Life Insurance
||Spokane, WA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED