Support Engineer Apigee
About Apigee, The API Company
Apps are changing the way we live, and APIs are the secret ingredient that makes apps work. Apigee gives businesses and developers everything they need to be successful in the app economy. Hundreds of companies including AT&T, eBay, Pearson, Gilt Groupe, and Walgreens use Apigee to reach new customers and drive innovation through APIs.
Apigee's API Platform enables businesses and developers to deliver well designed, scalable APIs and apps, drive developer adoption, and extract business value from their API ecosystem.
About Apigee People
Apigee hires smart people who love to solve hard problems and have fun. We?re passionate. We love APIs, we love our customers, and we love application developers. We work as a team, fast and focused, learning as we go. We respect one another, our customers and everyone we do business with.
About Being a Support Engineer at Apigee
Apigee is looking for a Support Engineer to act as the first level of contact for customer related issues. Our customers are the leading companies in the world and they will need your expertise in providing high quality technical support. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, knows Linux and has solid programming and debugging skills.
Our next Support Engineer will...
- Receive and respond to customer issues and queries
- Keep customers informed about the resolution of issues
- Understand and Analyze customer issues and route to appropriate group for further resolution
- Simulate customer problems
- Facilitate communication between customers and Engineering
- Document customer issues for future reference and contribute to knowledge base of solutions given to the customers
- Provide patches to customers
- Provide solution/workarounds to customers by referencing documents, release notes, product documentation, knowledge base etc. in the shortest possible time
- Assist in formulating and streaming the support process
- Articulate customer issues
- Maintain production systems & troubleshoot/fix problems as needed
- Report usage & availability metrics to management
- Work a regular schedule weekdays, 10AM-7PM (PDT) or 9AM-6PM (PST), with some flexibility
- Be expected to participate with all other support engineers in a weekend on-call pool, being available for one 12-hour period every other weekend
Think you might be our next Support Engineer? You bring to the table...
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Working knowledge of LINUX
- Strong programming and debugging skills (Preferred Java/C familiarity)
- Expertise in EAI/Messaging/Web Services/SOAP/REST/ESB/Middleware
- Experience in Installation and Configuration of products (application servers, networking products)
These extras will put you over the top?
- Hands on networking, messaging technologies
- Knowledge of Weblogic/Websphere app servers
- Familiarity with Cassandra DB
- QA and Customer Support Level 3-4 experience
- Exposure to cloud computing and hosting/maintaining production instances
Apigee offers great compensation, work-life balance, health insurance coverage, insurance for your financial protection, and savings/investment plans. This includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, and 401(k).
We are a non-accrued vacation time company, whereby we allow as much time you need for personal and vacation matters, with proper management approval. There is freedom in planning the workday with flexible start and stop times subject to the company's needs.
Apigee is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.
||Palo Alto, CA |