Support Engineer (Software Tech Support, SQL skills, etc.) Certona Corporation
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED About Certona
Delivering personalized customer experiences for the world's most popular brands, Certona is the leader for true omnichannel personalization. Trusted by more than 550 top ecommerce sites, Certona's real-time personalization platform increases engagement and conversions by leveraging one-to-one behavioral profiling, Big Data insights, and predictive analytics to serve up individualized content, promotional and product recommendations across all customer touch points. Combined with a flexible decision engine, marketers can harness the power of real-time behavioral profiling while maintaining control over their recommendation and personalization strategies. Internet Retailer's (IR) "Top Tech 2014" lists Certona as the fastest-growing vendor in terms of adding new clients in the IR Top 1,000. The company has the highest number of retail clients in the IR Top 500. Personalize Anytime, Anywhere.
Certona is the creator of Resonance, the market leading real-time personalization and revenue optimization platform for multi-channel retailers. Trusted by over 550 leading e-commerce sites throughout the world, Resonance increases average order value and revenue per visit by delivering individualized real-time content and product recommendations across all customer touch points. With seven patents pending, the "self-optimizing" system is powered by sophisticated neural networks and a portfolio of algorithms to deliver product, content, and promotional offers through multiple channels -- web, email, call center, point-of-sale, and mobile. Clients include the largest and most recognized online and multi-channel retail brands across all popular categories. For more information, visit www.certona.com
Mile High View:
- This is a full time Software Technical Support position - essentially a foot-in-the-door Junior to Mid level role.
- Of particular interest would be recent graduates - with a BSCS degree - or ideally graduates with a couple of years of real world experience.
- In this client facing position, you'll deal directly with existing/post implementation SaaS based clients. The key is absolute client satisfaction and revenue retention.
- Perform SQL Server maintenance and troubleshooting for product data feeds, live data collection, and other programmatic interactions with client websites and third-party eCommerce providers.
- Perform tasks associated with receiving, processing, modifying, and troubleshooting xml and text based product catalog feeds from clients and loading their data into client specific SQL Server databases.
- Perform tasks associated with receiving, storing, and retrieving clickstream data between client websites and a SQL Server database.
- Write rules as stored database procedures (T-SQL) to receive data requests and filter appropriate responses in a client server architecture.
- Create xslt transforms to create recommendation boxes on client webpages.
- Perform as technical liaison between the Account and Implementation Engineering Team.
- MUST have working knowledge and proficiency with SQL command (joins, inserts, etc.)
- The ability to hand code in HTML is a big plus.
- Must be an effective communicator (both written and oral) and able to tailor message format and content effectively.
- Active listening skills a must.
- Experience with XSLT - (XSL Transformations)
- Experience and knowledge of XML
- Experience with T-SQL
- Experience in retail and e-Commerce industry is a plus
- Experience in e-commerce website development, retail and customer support skills a plus
- BS in Computer Science is highly desired/preferred - equivalent technical degree or certifications may offset lack of formal technical degree.
NOTE: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As of 2015 San Diego-based Certona was selected seven consecutive years as the Top Personalization Leader on Internet Retailer's Top 500 Guide. This is something that we're all very proud of here.
5 - 20M RaisedInvestors: ABS Ventures All Jobs: at Certona Corporation
|Headquarters:||9530 Towne Centre Drive|
San Diego, CA 92121
|Company Profile:||At Certona, our vision is to intelligently optimize and personalize the entire customer experience for each individual across all touch points, including their web site experience, e-mail, mobile, in-store, call center and social networks.
As the Pioneers of Personalization, we're a dynamic company that's shaping the world of personalized product and content recommendations for social, mobile and ecommerce applications. Our employees love working here, mostly for the fast pace, rapid growth, fun people, and great benefits. Not to mention, we're only one block from the beach in beautiful Del Mar, California.
We offer a competitive benefits package and the opportunity to work with some of the greatest technical and creative minds in the industry.
Support Certona Corporation with Social Media services