System Administrator Brightcove
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Information Technology | Boston, MA, United States
Req ID: 912
We love it here. In every Brightcove office around the world, you'll find smart, successful people who enjoy working with each other. When we ask them to describe our culture, they use words like Innovative, Progressive, Energetic, Open, and Fun. We work together, play together, and change the world together-- it's all part of daily life at Brightcove.
We are looking for a System Administrator to join our IT team.
- Maintain current IT infrastructure, capacity planning, managing load configurations, and providing high level support with Windows Active Directory with Mac and Linux integration
- Provide Server Administration ranging from Linux, Citrix Xenserver, Amazon EC2 and Windows
- LAN/WAN Administration, responding to network-related issues and requests for system service, troubleshoot and coordinate resolution of network problems
- Assist in efforts to develop, design, optimize, and document network topology and architecture to support systems reliability, security, scalability, management, data integrity and performance, including providing critical support in areas of network configuration and deployment assistance.
- Establish policies and procedures as well as creating a support group environment for a fast growing company
- May consult with senior peers on general projects
- The incumbent works under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment
- Research best practices for disseminating internal trainings/communications/etc. Contribute to internal knowledge centers
- May be assigned responsibilities in connection with training and/or other forms of interactive customer activities
- 3+ years Linux systems administration in complex networks
- 3+ years in relevant 24x7 highly available, on-call environments
- 3+ years in Firewall and Switch Networking
- Microsoft Active Directory Domain experience
- Apple OSX experience
- Enterprise VPN experience
- Internet applications and protocols HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, & SSL
- Application level support experience (Jira, Confluence, Salesforce, etc)
- Proven ability to work effectively in a start-up environment
- Demonstrated ability to be nice, smart and get things done
- Excellent written and verbal English communication
This position is based at Brightcove's new headquarters building, one block from South Station, overlooking the Fort Point Channel in Boston's Innovation District.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Boston, MA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.Investors: Accel Partners All Jobs: at Brightcove
|Headquarters:||One Cambridge Center|
Cambridge, MA 02142
|Company Profile:||Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.
We're dedicated to harnessing the inherent power of the Internet to transform the distribution and consumption of media.
Brightcove empowers content ownersfrom independent producers to major broadcast networksto reach their audiences directly through the Internet. At the same time, we help web publishers enrich their sites with syndicated video programming, and we give marketers more ways to communicate and engage with their consumers.
Most importantly, we give people the freedom to easily find, watch and participate in a broad range of video contentwhen and where they choose.|
Support Brightcove with Social Media services