System Administrator Invaluable
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
We are a fast paced, growing, dynamic online software company looking for an outgoing Experienced or Senior System Administrator to join our engineering team.
Invaluable, is the world largest live auction marketplace, comprised of Invaluable.com, and RFC Systems. As the world's leader in developing SaaS and ecommerce applications for the auction industry, Invaluable reaches over 30 million unique bidders a year, and serves more than 25,000 individual auction houses globally. Through Invaluable's web properties, more than 3 million visitors per month arrive at the virtual doorsteps of auctioneers with unprecedented access to search and buy from over 160,000 auctions each year with a combined value of over $25 billion.
We are looking for someone who is excited at the prospect of totally changing an industry that is ripe for change. This person must bring passion, excitement, and drive to everything he/she does. This person must have the willingness to do whatever it takes to deliver solutions in a rapidly changing environment. He/she should always strive to improve him/herself and the organization through innovation and efficiency.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Managing a world class application server environment comprised of 2 large SAN arrays in 2 data centers, and 150+ virtual application servers
- Developing and expanding this server/application environment to handle 10x traffic and transactions with increasing performance and uptime requirements
- Involvement in team architectural discussions in both leadership and participatory capacities; working within the company at large, including non-technical stakeholders
- Shared 24/7 on-call responsibilities
- This is primarily a server admin, not a network admin role. Both skillsets will be used
- Mentoring junior IT and helpdesk personnel
Desired Skills and Experience:
The successful candidate must have the following experience, skills, and education:
- Demonstrated expertise in server administration within a Linux, Apache, Tomcat, open source environment, preferably serving a large scale, low latency, internet based transaction environment 5 plus years
- Expertise in Apache/Tomcat/Linux server hardening and optimizations
- A working knowledge of network protocols; TCP/IP, DNS, IPSec, HTTPS, CIDR, vLANs, routing, firewalls, LVS, network diagnostic tools--
- Scripting with bash, Perl, Powershell
- Basic understanding of Windows services: Active Directory and Server Clustering
- Strong interpersonal, verbal communication, and documentation skills
- VMware - SAN array management. Special bonus for VMware powerCLI skills.
- Load test scripting; application monitoring and tuning proficiency
- Java or python scripting skills
- Global Telecom infrastructure build-out; SIP, VoIP, call center solutions
- Network performance troubleshooting capabilities including ARP, spanning tree, and network circularity issues
- Exposure to extended WAN topologies: MPLS, BGP, ASN, multi-carrier routing, global network latency mitigation
- Excellent Health Benefits
- Stock Options
- Casual Environment
- Catered lunch on Fridays
Please include a resume, cover letter with professional goals, and salary expectation. While we appreciate every applicant's interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. We regret that phone calls will not be accepted. EOE
||Boston, MA 02134 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED