System Administrator Outcome Software, Inc.
- Largest CRO in the world with over 27,000 employees globally.
- Ranked 6th in InformationWeek 500 Computerworld Magazine?s ?100 Best Places to Work in IT"
- Ranked 25th in the inaugural World?s Best Multinational Workplaces list from the Great Place to Work Institute.
- Outcome is the late phase and observational study division of Quintiles. We doubled in size last year
- We utlize Agile methodology
- Small group who work hard but make time to have fun as well.
- Excellent benefits program including everything from discounts on health club memberships to up to $800 off computer, hardware/software for their home(after 2yrs of service).
3 ? 5 years? experience with RedHat/Fedora/Centos Linux in an enterprise environment
3 ? 5 years? experience with VMWare ESX/ESXi in an enterprise environment
Knowledge with at least three of the following technologies: Apache, Tomcat, Oracle RDBMS or EMC Storage Area Networks.
Provide technical guidance in areas of information technology (IT) across the Quintiles infrastructure.
Assist in developing detailed engineering specifications and deployment plans from architectural specifications. Help determine overall technical requirements for server and storage hardware and software, as well as the integration of network, security and any other infrastructure needs.
Review critical application and infrastructure environments and help ensure appropriate lifecycle viability and support. Ensure existing environments are appropriately engineered and provisioned and with the operational teams to address problem areas.
Develop and maintain a health scorecard for application environments within Quintiles. This includes server and storage hardware and software, monitoring tools, network connectivity, availability of maintenance or warranty, failover capability, etc.
Establish procedures for globally consistent installation qualification for non-infrastructure components within Quintiles infrastructure and may have a particular emphasis on specialized areas of Technology.
Provide consulting services for IT Infrastructure configuration and engineering and may have a particular emphasis on specialized areas of technology.
Perform other duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Working knowledge of multiple hardware and OS platforms and technologies
Working knowledge of IT environments, equipment and devices and ability to install and maintain computer equipment
Excellent consultative and communication skills with strong analytical skills and attentiveness to detail
Excellent conceptual, organizational and communication skills
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science / related field and 3 years IT experience including Windows Server 2000/2003, Unix. Linux, virtualization technology and NAS storage, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech
Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers
Regular sitting for extended periods of time
||Cambridge, MA |