System Administrator, Cloud Ops Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Splunk Storm is an Amazon based SaaS offering of our core Splunk product. This position is an opportunity to join the team that is responsible for Storm's operational infrastructure and delivery. Amazon's EC2 and EBS is the platform and this candidate should have experience with managing deployments, right-sizing servers and storage for performance, and providing muti-site HA strategies at Amazon. This is an incredible opportunity to use your existing cloud experience and drive the growth of our cloud offerings here at Splunk!
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Manage Amazon server/storage deployments including release process, image management, backup/restore, HA/DR
- Manage monitoring environment using Splunk, Zabix, Pingdom, and PagerDuty
- Monitor system stability and performance and ensure system availability, reliability, and usability
- Perform end-to-end administration of virtual Amazon infrastructure, focusing on Linux based systems
- Troubleshoot complex problems, resolve operational issues, and interact with vendors
- Perform Amazon instance maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes, vulnerabilities, and security configuration
- Work with Opscode Chef for automated deployment capability, along with Github source code management
- Ensure using Amazon best practices for Cloud Applications
- Participate in 24x7 support rotation schedule
Education: Got it!
- 5+ years experience as a system administrator
- 3+ years experience with virtualization technologies
- Experience running production systems at Amazon
- Knowledge of Amazon EC2 including machine image management, storage
- Understanding of Amazon EC2 regional center, availability zones, and HA strategies
- Experience supporting customer facing muti-tenant infrastructure (SaaS) or similar cloud related services
- Experience with Python, and open source based systems
- 5+ years experience deploying, managing, and supporting Linux Systems
- 5+ years supporting enterprise computing platforms and systems
- Must be detail oriented, task driven, and have excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in high pressure, highly flexible environment against both short and long term requirements
- Passionate about technology and solving IT operations-focused problems
- Ability to work effectively with staff, peers, and others in and outside the organization to accomplish goals, objectives and to identify and resolve problems
- Bachelor Degree or comparable work experience
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 500 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED