System Administrator Instructure
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Instructure is a successful, fast-moving technology startup that is disrupting the Learning Management System (LMS) market by setting a new standard for education technology, and we're looking for some top-notch people to join the team. Our company is stable and growing quickly and has been featured on TechCrunch, CNBC, and The Motley Fool (to name a few).
Come work on a high-performing, passionate, and bleeding-edge DevOps team. Responsibilities include designing, automating, and maintaining a large environment to support a next generation learning management system (LMS). The ideal candidate needs to have a passion for automation, configuration management, and managing scale. One must be familiar with scripting technologies, development methodologies, and working in a DevOps environment.
What you will be doing:
- Utilize configuration management frameworks to deploy and manage systems.
- Help design and manage a large scale Ruby on Rails infrastructure.
- Develop solid relationships with infrastructure, support, QA, and development teams and the relationships.
to improve system stability and availability.
- Monitor the infrastructure and proactively scale as necessary.
- On-call rotation to support operational issues.
Successful candidates will have the following education, experience, and skills:
- Several years running web applications on Linux servers.
- Strong knowledge of Linux inside and out.
- Knowledge in the areas of custom software development and long term maintenance.
- Experience with cloud platforms (particularly AWS).
- Experience with configuration management systems and concepts (Puppet, Chef, etc).
- Dare to play with bleeding-edge technologies as they evolve.
- Strong problem-solving, documentation skills, and a true team-player.
- Strong knowledge of bash and scripting languages like Python and Ruby.
- Experience with managing networking management systems and monitoring tools (zabbix, zenoss, etc).
- Experience in managing and supporting PostgreSQL a plus.
Our Culture = Your Culture
Instructure has a pretty relaxed atmosphere. We care a lot more about what people do than how nice they dress. So feel free to leave your dress clothes at home; we do.
- Lots of paid time off
- 8 paid holidays
100% Employer Paid Benefits for You and Your Qualified Dependents (We got you completely covered!):
? Medical (United Healthcare)
? Dental (LifeMap)
- Life/AD&D (Assurant)
Fully stocked break room. Equipment provided. That's right, you get a MacBook (and we'll even throw in a desk and chair). Just saying.
||Sandy, UT |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED