System Administrator Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
We are looking for a System Administrator that has experience supporting Software Engineers and QA teams. This person will be responsible for setting up servers/storage/network systems for testing Splunk software at our data center at Equinix using a combo of VMware and bare metal as well as at Amazon EC2. The description below lists more skills than one person can have so if you can do 50%+ of these we would like to speak with you. This is a great opportunity to bring your current skills/experiences and gain more in our dynamic environment with a mix of public and private cloud infrastructures.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Servers OS's are a mix of Linux and Windows. Will be installing servers on VMware, at Amazon EC2, and on bare metal.
- Patching servers and network re-IP'ing
- Troubleshooting on automated systems
- Watch disk space growth and work with IT to plan for growth
- Resolve network connectivity issues (mostly logical vs. physical)
- Rack servers and network gear at data center
- Do VM deployment, cloning, and troubleshooting
- TCP/IP troubleshooting â€" DNS, IP addresses, subnets/VLANs
- Server hardware troubleshooting â€" hard drive swaps, memory issues, remote console, ILO setup and test, etc.
- Manage and add systems via Puppet configuration management system
Education: Got it!
- 4+ years experience as a system administrator, doing installs and troubleshooting issues
- 1-3 years supporting virtualized infrastructure, VMWare preferred
- Amazon EC2 experience a big plus
- Experience working in a software development environment
- Experience with Atlassian Bamboo a plus
- Must be detail oriented, task driven, and have excellent communication skills.
- Passionate about technology and solving IT operations-focused problems
- Ability to work effectively with staff, peers, and others in and outside the organization to accomplish goals, objectives and to identify and resolve problems
Bachelor Degree or comparable work experience
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 500 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED