System Developer Netsmart Technologies Inc.
Netsmart Technologies, Inc is an established, leading supplier of enterprise-wide software solutions for health and human services providers with over 1400 clients, including 36 systems with state agencies. Netsmart's clients include health and human services organizations: public health agencies, mental health and substance abuse clinics, psychiatric hospitals, and managed care organizations. Avatar Practice Management and the Avatar Clinician Workstation, Netsmart's core products are full-featured information systems that operate on a variety of operating systems, hardware platforms, and mobile devices and offer unlimited scalability. Netsmart Technologies is #41 on the healthcare informatics top 100.
We are proud to offer an excellent compensation package which includes a complete suite of benefits for full-time employees, such as:
Health Insurance / Dental Insurance
Short / Long Term Disability
401(k) Plan / EAP
Flexible Savings Plans
The System Developer position is responsible for ensuring successful execution of translation and development of business requirements within the TIER application software. Individual will work closely with Project Managers, Business Analysts, other Engineers and team members to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of systems solutions deployed in support of client business goals and objectives.
The System Developer should possess a solid understanding of the software project life cycle and is responsible for utilizing functional and technical specifications to design forms and reports, testing and fully implementing high quality software for the TIER system application.
- Will work within the best practices and procedures of the software development industry
- Have a firm understanding of software design methodology
- Participate in the design of client systems and work within pre-established development guidelines and standards
- Design and develop high quality code for the TIER software following predesigned
- Participates in the testing process following testing methodology and standards
- Researches problems discovered and develops solutions to the problems
- Work closely with project team to understand requirements and system specifications and design
- Work within specified timelines and estimates to deliver quality work to clients while striving for error free work
Career Path Core Competencies
Communication and Organization
- Assist in team and client meetings
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong ability to multi-task, effectively plan and complete work within sets deadlines
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL and writing of complex stored procedure scripts
- Strong analytical background, great attitude, and ability to easily learn new technologies and concepts
- Microsoft Access a plus
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client
- Knowledge of Crystal Report writer
- Strong plus if skilled in HL7, EDI development
- Identifies critical issues with ease
- Pushes creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and client mindsets
- Generates enthusiasm among team members
- Proactively seeks opportunities to serve in leadership roles
- Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions
- Facilitates effective team interaction
1. Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field.
2. Strong written and oral communication skills; listening skills; solid interpersonal skills a must.
3. Understanding of medical/clinical concepts a plus
4. Understanding of financial concepts a plus
5. Must be able to work effectively in a team environment
6. Attention to detail a must
||Lisle, IL 60532 |