System Software Engineer Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Workday is looking for a System Software Engineer to join our Technical Operations - DevOps Engineering team. You will have responsibility for definition, design, implementation, and maintenance of Workdayâs automation frameworks, monitoring, and systems management toolset in our 9 global data centers, over 3,000 servers (and rapidly growing!!) supporting the Development, QA, and Operations hosted environments at Workday.
With a growing customer base and a Software-as-Service model, you need to think security, scalability, and reliability -- constantly. You must enjoy the fast pace of an Internet company where the requirements for the data center infrastructure will change rapidly. Your daily work will have a direct impact on our customers and our business. And, you won't be bored with repetitive tasks as you'll be busy growing your skills as the company grows.
- Contribute to the toolset vision necessary to scale up the size of our data centers and stay ahead of rapid customer growth.
- Participate in the development of the Automation strategy working closely with Operations Architects, Operations Engineers, and Product Development.
- Define, design, implement, test, deploy, and maintain Data Center automation infrastructure.
- Collaborate closely with Workdayâs Data Center Technical Operations team and deliver tools necessary to reliably support the automation needs for deploying, managing, and updating data center servers and related components.
- Follow a production development lifecycle process, including specifications, development, test, and production rollout.
- Integrate automation capabilities with the Workday Service.
- Collaborate closely with Workdayâs Security organization ensuring compliance with all audits and policies.
Skills / Requirements:
- Mastery of at least two programming languages such as C, C++, Java, Ruby, Python, and shell. Capable with source code revision tools such as CVS, SVN, GIT, etc.
- Development experience with Chef systems management software preferred, or other equivalent scripting and development languages and open source frameworks.
- Solid knowledge of data center operations including provisioning and maintaining of servers, networking, load balancing, and other infrastructures.
- Large scale web operations in Software-as-a-Service or Consumer Web
experience leading projects from design through implementation & support phases.
- Familiarity with automated operating system provisioning, configuration management, application deployment and monitoring.
- Excellent hands-on technical skill and related experience.
- Ability to work effectively with Development and Operations.
- Experience designing solutions that are guided by and compliant with industry standard audit and compliance standards such as PCI, ISO27001, and SAS70
- Excellent hands on technical skill and related experience.
- Good verbal & written communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organizations.
- Deep expertise in designing, building, operating, and troubleshooting Linux/Unix-based large scale Internet systems.
- Bachelors degree in Software Engineering or equivalent required, Masters degree preferred.
Workday does not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us. Our supplier base is restricted to specified hiring needs. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and Workday will not be obligated to pay a referral or placement fee
||Pleasanton, CA |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners
, NEA All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services