Systems Administrator Source Medical Solutions
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Description
Recently ranked by Healthcare Informatics as one of the Top 100 Healthcare IT companies, SourceMedical provides outpatient information solutions and services for ambulatory surgery centers, surgical hospitals, practices, rehabilitation clinics, and diagnostic imaging centers nationwide.
With a 20-year track record and more than 6,000 satisfied customers, SourceMedical is the trusted source for innovative applications, in-depth industry expertise and unsurpassed customer service. The company?s unique, end-to-end systems improve operational efficiency and cash flow while enabling healthcare facilities to capture, analyze and exchange data to deliver a higher standard of patient care. Check out our website at www.sourcemed.net to learn more about us.
SourceMedical is currently seeking a Systems Administrator for its Corporate Office located in Birmingham, AL.
Summary of Position:
As a Systems Administrator, you will be a key member of the Source Medical Production Services Team with the overall responsibility for the configuration, management, and support of servers (both physical and virtual), operating systems, storage systems (SAN), and proprietary/3rd party products (hardware and software) critical to the mission of Source Medical. You will also provide support by responding quickly and appropriately to hardware and software issues including but not limited to high resource utilization, poorly responding/performing systems, and downed systems/environments.
To be successful in this role, you will need strong technical skills in one or more areas of competency (e.g., VMware, Citrix, Active Directory, Security, Printing, Windows Server, and NetApp and Dell Compellent SANs), a responsive customer service attitude, and organizational skills to manage multiple competing tasks and priorities on a daily basis.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Configuring, managing, maintaining, and monitoring servers (both physical and virtual).
2. Providing support for hardware and software related issues by responding quickly and effectively to customer related issues (Pivotal) and corporate related issues (ITSUPPORT).
3. Implementing Operating Systems and other Third Party Software on corporate and production related servers in coordination with vendors and other departments.
4. Configuring hardware and network components to meet corporate and production requirements.
5. Working with client and application support teams to resolve issues affecting customers? abilities to utilize Source Medical hosted applications.
6. Providing technical guidance to customers who are configuring environments to host our applications.
7. Providing system recovery in case of hardware or system failures - includes virus attacks.
8. Developing diagrams, configuration recommendations, and other documentation to improve understanding and utilization of our technical environment.
9. Participating in the after-hours, on-call rotation with the other team members. Serving one week as primary on-call resource and another week as secondary on-call resource during each rotation.
--Degree in Computer Science with a minimum of 3 years of Systems Administration experience or 5 or more years of demonstrated Systems Administration experience
--One or more certifications in VMware, Citrix, Windows Server, NetApp or Dell Compellent SANs is beneficial but not required
--Demonstrated ability in configuring, optimizing and supporting virtual machines in VMware environment using High Availability and Dynamic Resource Scheduling
--Demonstrated ability in configuring, optimizing and supporting Operating Systems, proprietary applications and 3rd Party Software on corporate and production servers
--Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail and accuracy
--Good organization skills and ability to manage multiple competing tasks and priorities
--Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate (written and oral) effectively with technical and support groups
--Focus on customer service
--Experienced with utilizing and responding to tickets using a CRM such as Pivotal
--Limited travel is required
SourceMedical offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package and an opportunity for growth in an emerging company.
||100 Grandview Place |
Birmingham, AL 35243
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED