Systems Administrator- Linux PowerReviews
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
PowerReviews is the leading provider of social commerce software-as-a-service solutions. PowerReviews Essential Social Suite is the only solution to integrate the 3 key components of social success-Social Content, Social Engagement and Social Measurement- enabling companies to turn social activity into sales. Near Union Square and all types of transportation, our small team of talent represents diversity, innovative thinking and a will to succeed. We are committed to making end-to-end social solutions that blaze new trails for companies to design, market and sell their products.
We've got the Power and so should you!
- PowerReviews is live on over 5500 websites - across 15 languages in 21 countries - including Staples, Drugstore.com, Room & Board, ESPN, Quicksilver, and Jockey.
- Ranked 19th on LEAD411's 2012 Hottest Companies in San Francisco Award
- Customer Reviews Solution Leader in the Internet Retailer Top 500 survey, AlwaysOn Top 100 SaaS award winner, JMP Hot 100 award winner and one of 90 Facebook preferred vendors.
- Venture capital backing from Four Rivers Group, Woodside Fund, Menlo Ventures and Tenaya Capital.
- Two patents since 2009 from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (U.S. Patent No. 7,930,363) relating to the method in which it delivers user-generated product reviews to websites globally.
PowerReviews is looking for a system administrator to join our Technical Operations team. You are an experienced technologist who has worked in internet operations or software development most of your career. You've managed mission-critical production servers, been on call, experienced failures, and troubleshot every problem you can think of. At PowerReviews you will be able to apply your talents at a startup that can offer you deep technical challenges. You will have broad-based influence over architectural design, performance analysis, capacity planning, tools development, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
* Linux system operations architecture and setup
* System monitoring and alerting strategies
* Design, implement, and maintain our system provisioning framework
* Mentor junior support staff
* Maintain super-productive relationships with Engineering and Product Development
* Become an unparalleled expert on the PowerReviews systems, from standard administration processes down to deep internal debugging
* Plan and coordinate system maintenance to minimize customer impact
* Create operational documentation and troubleshooting guidelines
* Participation in on-call rotation schedule
* 4+ years of experience supporting Internet business operations, managing production systems
* Excellent knowledge of and background with programming and shell scripting
* Advanced Linux / Unix background
* A track record of building scalable Internet infrastructure using automation
* Ability to isolate problems between hardware and software to provide information to appropriate development team
* Highly developed, process-oriented skills for troubleshooting, problem solving, and problem resolution
* Experience with automated system provisioning (puppet, capistrano, chef, cfengine, func)
* Solid understanding of common security principles
* Proficiency with version control (SVN, GIT)
* Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Nice to Haves:
* Live and breathe performance
* Familiar with Ruby
* Solid knowledge of networking concepts and complex topologies
* Database experience, preferably Postgres
* Experience with bootstrapping and bare-metal provisioning
* Virtualization experience
* Open source contributor
* Bachelor's degree in CS is a plus
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED