Systems Administrator Netcordia
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Information Technology | Santa Clara, CA, United States
Job Title: Systems Administrator FLSA: Exempt Department: IT Reports to: IT Support Manager Location: Santa Clara, CA Position Summary: As a member of the IT Support team, the System Administrator will lead projects related to IT Support and rollout of new applications and features. The successful candidate will work on day-to-day operations including administration of Windows and Linux servers, mobile devices (MDM) and Cisco VOIP systems. This position will offer technical assistance, including supporting all client side devices, servers and layer 1 and 2 troubleshooting of network devices. Plan, schedule, and prioritize support of servers, desktops, and telephony infrastructure (phones), as well as all software configurations. Additionally, this role will provide 3rd level support and training for users and desktop support technicians. Principal Job Responsibilities:
Core Competencies/Skills & Knowledge:
- Administer and configure Windows, Linux and MAC systems.
- Interfaces with outside vendor on administration of AD and Exchange 2010 infrastructure
- Administers LDAP and Active Directory users.
- Install, upgrade and configure network printing, directory structures, rights, security, software and files.
- Provide users with desktop and network technical support.
- Install and test necessary software and hardware.
- Assist in the administration of DNS, DHCP, RADIUS, LDAP.
- Document standard policies and procedures.
- Develop and document scripts for automated tasks.
- Administer corporate MDM
- Works on-site and at Colo to administer and configure systems
- Leads IT Support projects
- Will participate in an on-call rotation
- Participate in ticket queue
Experience in the following a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Hardware Engineering or 7+ years working experience as a system administrator
- Administrative level knowledge of the following OS: Mac, Windows desktop and server, Linux (Redhat/Fedora).
- Expertise in Exchange 2010 and Active Directory
- Strong understanding of backup applications and process, Netbackup, Veeam
- Solid understanding of concepts and technologies such as: Client-Server, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, LDAP, Backup systems and networking.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work effectively with a wide range of end users.
- Ability to prioritize and complete a variety of simultaneous tasks
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively, both written and verbal.
- Ability to deliver results with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and manage project details while balancing multiple priorities.
- Able to operate in an environment with changing priorities and the need to respond quickly to situations.
- Experience with Vmware
- Configuration experience with Mobile devices, Iphone, Ipad and Android
- Experience with Dell and Cisco server deployment
- Knowledge of reporting & monitoring tools.
- Knowledge of Cisco UCS VOIP phone system.
- Language Requirement: English
- Written: Must be able to document process and procedures
- Verbal: Must be able to articulate technical issues to a broad user base.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Occasional travel to remote data centers
- This work is typically performed in an office environment â€" remote or customer onsite - which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and see. Arms, hands and fingers will be needed to reach, operate and install computers; this will require more than two-thirds of the employee's work. Employee will occasionally need to lift boxes or materials up to 50 pounds. Employee will spend less than one-third of the time stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling while installing or repairing computers. Standing, walking and sitting will each require about one-third of the employee's time.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Clara, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Netcordia delivers a network management system that is easy to use, produces useful information everyday, and provides a system-level view of the network.Investors: Novak Biddle Venture Partners
, Trinity Ventures All Jobs: at Netcordia
|Headquarters:||2431 Solomons Island Road|
Annapolis, MD 21401
|Company Profile:||Netcordia is a leading provider of network automation software to the worlds most complex and mission-critical networks. Its award-winning NetMRI Network Change and Configuration Management (NCCM) solution continuously audits multi-vendor infrastructures, identifies anomalies early, speeds resolution, and automates network changes. Netcordia helps more than 250 leading organizations in healthcare, manufacturing, financial services, academic, service and government stretch IT budgets, improve overall performance, meet corporate policy and comply with stringent regulations. |
Support Netcordia with Social Media services