Systems Administrator Netcordia
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Information Technology | Santa Clara, CA, United States
As the System Administrator, you will work on day-to-day IT operations, including administration of Windows and Linux servers, mobile device management, Single Sign On, BOX, Cisco VOIP systems and offer level 3 IT Support. You will provide technical assistance; including supporting all client-side devices, servers and IT-owned equipment. You will plan, schedule, and prioritize support of servers, desktops, and software configurations.Additionally, you will lead projects related to the rollout of new applications and features in IT Operations.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
- Interface with outside vendor on administration of AD and Exchange 2010 infrastructure.
- Administer and configure Windows servers, WSUS and corporate antivirus solution.
- Administer and configure corporate installs of Mobile Iron, OKTA, BOX, WSUS and Symantec Endpoint.
- Install, upgrade and configure network printing, directory structures, rights, security, software and files.
- Administers LDAP and Active Directory users.
- Administer, configure and provide users with desktop and network technical support on Windows, MAC and Fedora Core.
- Install and test necessary software and hardware.
- Document standard policies and procedures.
- Develop and document scripts for automated tasks.
- Works on-site and at Colo to administer, configure and install systems.
- May be the project lead on some IT Operations projects.
- May lead or mentor JR level admins.
- Will participate in an on-call rotation.
- Participate in ticket queue via ServiceNow.
Core Competencies/Skills & Knowledge:
- Administrative level knowledge of the following OS: Windows desktop and server, Mac, Linux (Redhat/Fedora).
- Expertise in Exchange 2010 and Active Directory.
- Operations experience in some or all of the following; Mobile Iron, Okta, Box, WSUS, Symantec Endpoint.
- Strong understanding of backup applications and process, Netbackup, Veeam Netapp Snapshot.
- Solid understanding of concepts and technologies such as: Client-Server, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, LDAP, Backup systems and networking.
- Ability to deliver results with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize and complete a variety of simultaneous tasks.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work effectively with a wide range of end users.
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and manage project details while balancing multiple priorities.
- Able to operate in an environment with changing priorities and the need to respond quickly to situations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Hardware Engineering or 7+ years working experience as a system administrator
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Clara, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Netcordia delivers a network management system that is easy to use, produces useful information everyday, and provides a system-level view of the network.Investors: Novak Biddle Venture Partners
, Trinity Ventures All Jobs: at Netcordia
|Headquarters:||2431 Solomons Island Road|
Annapolis, MD 21401
|Company Profile:||Netcordia is a leading provider of network automation software to the worlds most complex and mission-critical networks. Its award-winning NetMRI Network Change and Configuration Management (NCCM) solution continuously audits multi-vendor infrastructures, identifies anomalies early, speeds resolution, and automates network changes. Netcordia helps more than 250 leading organizations in healthcare, manufacturing, financial services, academic, service and government stretch IT budgets, improve overall performance, meet corporate policy and comply with stringent regulations. |
Support Netcordia with Social Media services