Systems Build Engineer (POS-02623) Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Workday was founded by two visionaries Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri (both PeopleSoft veterans) in 2005 with a goal to deliver Human Capital Management, Payroll, Financial Management and Worker Spend Management solutions for midsize and Fortune 500 companies.
Workday is not your average company and we pride ourselves on everything that makes us unique such as our culture, core values, company meetings, development âGeekfestsâ, commitment to sustainability, recognition programs but most importantly our people.Â Workday employees are self-disciplined, hard working, curious, trustworthy, humble, and truthful.Â Workday is the leader in enterprise class, software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions for the management of global businesses.Â We are growing fast with offices in the United States (HQ Pleasanton), Canada (Vancouver and Toronto), Europe (Dublin, London, Munich, and the Netherlands), Hong Kong and Australia.Â Currently we have 1300+ employees globally with 300+ customers growing and growing.
Workday currently has a position open for a Systems Build Engineer to enhance, scale and maintain Workday's application deployments in our internal datacenters. This position will also be responsible for maintaining and improving our continuous development and deployment initiatives.Â Are you a person who is passionate about making things work better, faster and simpler using the latest and greatest open source technologies plus has a healthy respect for security, data privacy, and audit controls in a SaaS environment, then please read on!
- Bachelors degree or higher in relevant field; or equivalent experience
- 4 plus years of Linux system engineering, software engineering, automation engineering, release engineering or configuration management
- 2 plus years of responsibilities for building and deploying web-based applications to Linux environments
- Proven experience with agile development, continuous development, and deployment processes
- Proven experience improving developer productivity through tools, performance enhancements, self-service, etc
- Strong ability to program fluently one or more scripting languages: Bash, Perl, Python, PHP, etc
- Experience deploying, administrating and troubleshooting applications running on Tomcat, Apache, and MySQL
- Ability to analyze technical issues to arrive at valid conclusions, recommendations and plans of action
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with technical leads, developers, quality assurance, operations and product mangers
- Ability to self-manage, self-motivates, and seeks process improvement opportunities with minimal supervision
- Able to collaborate and work effectively in a team environment
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners
, NEA All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services