Systems Certification Engineer SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Systems Certification Engineer
Mission Assurance and Astronaut Safety | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based space technology company founded by its residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk, the former co-founder of PayPal. The company's goal is to renew a sense of excellence in the space industry by disrupting the current paradigm of complacency and replacing it with innovation and commercialized price points; laying the foundation for a truly space-faring human civilization.
SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. In-house development includes nearly all flight critical custom components amounting to approximately 85% of our vehicles both by mass and by value. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology opportunities seen by any organization.
Our success is driven by a wide variety of engineering perspectives and openness to all great ideas. We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced engineering ecosystem focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering.
We build it, test it, and fly it.
Mission Assurance - SpaceX has a strong belief that launch vehicles and spacecraft can be both cost effective and highly reliable. Our Mission Assurance team is key to our pursuit of that goal and more specifically also our pursuit of manned spaceflight. The department works in a cross-functional fashion with all other technical teams on a variety of exciting projects, and has great exposure to leadership and the organization as a whole.
Systems Certification Engineer
- Engineer will be responsible for developing plans, implementing documents and conducting certification activities for SpaceX products to demonstrate the products ability perform missions for NASA and the USAF. Engineer will analyze government and commercial customer requirements to determine compatibility with SpaceX products. Engineer will integrate the work of discipline engineers to generate verifications that SpaceX products meet government and commercial customer requirements. Engineer will perform specialized analysis in support of verification activities. Engineer will support launch and mission operations in support of flight test and operational missions. Engineer will perform systems engineering and integration and mission assurance on SpaceX systems under development as assigned
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Mathematics or Physics
- General familiarity with the disciplines necessary for launch vehicles and spacecraft flight including: Structures, Propulsion, Avionics, GN&C, flight software, dynamics, launch and mission operations, systems engineering and integration
- Expertise in at least one two of the following disciplines: Structures, Avionics, Propulsion, GN&C, Software, Dynamics, production and test, launch and mission operations, systems integration and engineering, scheduling and project management
- Ability to build and use applications in any of the following tools: LabVIEW, MATLAB, C/C++ or Python or Expertise in Microsoft Project or Access Databases
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite such as PowerPoint, Excel, Mail, etcâ€¦
- Experience with any of the following: requirements development, requirements decomposition and allocation, verification plan development, test and evaluation, test plan and procedures development, fault trees, integrated hazard analysis, NASA or USAF certification of spacecraft and launch vehicles, NASA or USAF engineering standards, risk management, configuration management, system safety, probabilistic safety analysis, reliability block modeling, interface control diagrams, software documentation, discrepancy reporting and root cause analysis, range safety, process analysis and process flow description, interconnect wiring definition, software integration testing
- 5 years experience in a flight program
- Experience in design review methodologies
- Background in statistics or systems modeling techniques including system simulation
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED