Systems Consultant - Managed Services
USA, St. Paul,380 St. Peter Street
Monday, March 04, 2013
Infor delivers fully integrated enterprise solutions for a wide range of industries, as well as best-in-class, stand-alone products that address the essential challenges its customers face in areas such as enterprise resource planning, supply chain planning and execution, customer and supplier relationship management, asset management, product lifecycle management, financial and performance management, and business intelligence. With 8,100 employees and offices in over 100 countries, Infor provides enterprise solutions to more than 70,000 customers. For additional information, visit www.infor.com.
POSITION: Systems Consultant
LOCATION: St Paul, MN
Perform consultative duties including system administration, software installation, and technical configuration for Application Managed Services customers. Activities also include customer management, training, client consulting and subject matter expertise. Incumbent should be proficient in operating systems and/or database products. Must also be able to work independently in complex Customer IT environments and support technical implementation issues. This job provides remote support from our St Paul office.
- Perform installation and configuration of all core Lawson and third party products
- Complete all required documentation as part of the project, including status reports, exit documents, , technical documentation, etc.
- Maintain communications with the engagement owner and the client's technology project team.
- Provide specific recommendations surrounding Lawson (and related third party) technologies and tools in order to perform product installations, Lawson system administration and related consulting/training activities in a professional and organized manner.
- Gain an understanding of the client's business and project impact.
- Coordinate communication within the ICS team to include identification of client expectations, critical business issues, and any pertinent information discovered during the turnover process with the sales team.
- Develop a working knowledge of the current Managed Services processes and tools used to provide an accurate, complete and successful project
- Assist customer with identification and resolution of Lawson technology related issues.
- Provide input into the streamlining of Lawson's processes and methodologies related to overall technical activities.
- Proactively develop skills, knowledge and certification on latest technology.
- Maintain up-to-date skills on the most recent release of the Lawson technical and third party tools in order to provide a high level of service to the Lawson customer.
- Provide input into the streamlining of Lawson's processes and methodologies related to overall technical project activities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science in related field or equivalent work experience, preferred
- 5+ years relevant experience
- UNIX/Windows operating system experience, working with a variety of hardware configurations
- Demonstrated overall breadth and variety of technology expertise
- Working knowledge of relational databases and web-related technologies
- Excellent time management, communication (oral and written), presentation, and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of technology including but not limited to, databases, operating systems, hardware configurations and networks.
- Strong desire to learn the Lawson technical infrastructure, development environments and third party products used to support the Lawson applications
Infor Global Solutions offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Infor respects and embraces diversity in our workforce. EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Send to Friend