Systems Engineering Consultant Verdasys
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Verdasys is seeking to fill the roles of a junior and senior Systems Engineering Consultant for exciting and challenging projects to be implemented with various Global 2000 customers. These opportunities are for hands on individual contributors. They will have a broad base of knowledge as an IT generalist either as a Systems Administrator or IT Operator. Specific previous experience implementing security products and or tools in large enterprise or large federal environments. They will come out of organizations / companies like RSA, Symantec, McAfee, Web Trends or Cisco. They will have previous experience implementing their specific product line.
Preference would be for candidates located in the Waltham/Boston MA Area. Candidates situated in other territories will be considered but all candidates must be willing to travel frequently including internationally.
Requirements for either role:
- 3 years with Microsoft Windows Server technology (2000/2003/2008) including SQL Server, SMS, MOM, IIS, etc.
- BS degree in Business or Computer Science
- Deep knowledge of Windows OS (XP/2000/2003/2008/Vista/7)
- Active Directory expertise in a large enterprise environment.
- Advanced knowledge of network design and IP management techniques
- Basic understanding of encryption techniques and key management
- Experience with common scripting languages, SQL, and network protocols.
- Knowledge of relational database such as SQL Server (preferred) or Oracle with basic DBA skills
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix is a significant advantage
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Requirements for the Senior role:
- 5 years of working experience with Microsoft Windows server and workstation technology (2000/2003/2008/Vista/XP/Win7) including SQL Server, SMS, SCCM, MOM, IIS, etc with specific emphasis on security.
- Prior consulting experience in enterprise environments (5+ years)
- Knowledge of various security standards and methodologies like ISO27001, FIPS200, COBIT and ITIL
- Knowledge of storage devices & technologies like RAID, SAN and archive & restore
- Knowledge of configuration management, using images, Symantec Ghost, VM Ware and software deployment tools like SMS, Altiris, LANDesk.
||404 Wyman Street |
Waltham, MA 02451
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED