The Systems Engineering Manager (SEM) - Partners will be responsible for managing the team of inside pre-sales systems engineers, matrix management of the field based partner focused systems engineers and responsible for development of technical initiatives for our partner SE community. The Systems Engineering Manager - Partners will report directly to the America's theater SE Director and will have dotted line responsibility to the VP of Channels for the America's.
The SEM will have leadership responsibility for the inside Systems engineering team, and will act as a working manager. It is expected that the SEM can perform all of the functions that a Palo Alto Networks Systems Engineer does including running Evaluations/Proof of concepts.
The SEM â€" Partners will have the following responsibilities:
- Takes a theater wide view of the channel enablement process and assist with the execution technical enablement plans for focus and development partners.
- Develop initiatives to accelerate partner technical abilities from a pre-sales perspective (POC execution, messaging, etc). The output of this would be tools that the field resources can leverage for technical enablement.
- Take over management of the existing programs. (techconnecct, se2se, etc)
- Ensure tools, initiatives are applied to our distribution partners and track technical enablement of disti only partners.
- Provide support for Partner SKO's and key marketing events as needed.
- Provide coverage for field based technical enablement activities on an ad-hoc basis when resource conflicts occur.
- Develop relationships with key technical leaders with our top channel partner's theater wide.
- Matrix manage field based partner focused SE resources and directly manage the inside SE team.
- Recruit, hire, oversee training and mentor new Systems Engineers.
- HR responsibility for the Systems Engineers in the territory (expenses, reviews, etc.)
- Assist with defining periodic SE training curriculum.
- Provide an escalation point for pre-sales and post sales technical issues that arise in the territory.
- BS CS/EE or related (or equivalent work experience)
- 3+ Years' experience as a pre-sales Sr. Systems Engineer, preferably in a channel focused role.
- Experience working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach.
- Industry knowledge of security product market trends and directional awareness of Palo Alto Network's roadmap and technology development efforts.
- Prior management experience desirable.
- The role calls for in-depth knowledge of competitive security products.
- Knowledge of how to deliver comprehensive security solutions to PANW's customer base, and maintain a general understanding of competitive selling strategies.
- 50% Travel
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- 'Whatever it takes' attitude and motivation to do whatever necessary to assist in closing a deal.
|Location:||Santa Clara, CA |
|Headquarters:||2130 Gold Street|
Alviso, CA 95002