The Palo Alto Networks Systems Engineering Manager is a technical field position that is resource for the District Systems Engineering team. The systems engineers within the district will report directly to the SEM and the SEM reports directly to the North America Systems Engineering Director. The SEM will have dotted line responsibility to the District Sales Manager.
The SEM will have leadership responsibility for the Systems Engineers with the district, and will act as a working manager. It is expected that the SEM can perform all of the functions that a Palo Alto Networks Systems Engineer does including running Evaluations/Proof of concepts. The SEM will act as the Systems Engineering resource for the District Sales Manager in the case where the DSM has a specific set of accounts or territory assigned.
- Recruit and hire new Systems Engineers into the territory.
- Responsible to training and mentoring new Systems Engineers on the team.
- HR responsibility for Systems Engineers in the territory (expenses, reviews, etc)
- Support field SE team in complex evaluations, troubleshooting and challenging customer environments.
- Assist with defining periodic SE training curriculum.
- Assist Channel team in ensuring Partner SE's are trained and can support Palo Alto Networks evaluation installations.
- Foster channel partner relationships with their technical teams.
- Act as a floating SE and fill in for existing team members if there is a resource conflict, or vacation coverage.
- Provide an escalation point for pre-sales and post sales technical issues that arise in the territory.
- Build and maintain relationships with Key customers in the territory to solidify reference accounts and to assist the account teams with defining plans to drive more business.
- BS CS/EE or related (or equivalent work experience)
- 3+ Years' experience as a pre-sales Sr. Systems Engineer
- Industry knowledge of security product market trends and directional awareness of Palo Alto Network's roadmap and technology development efforts.
- Prior management experience desirable.
- The role calls for in-depth knowledge of competitive security products.
- Knowledge of how to deliver comprehensive security solutions to PAN's customer base, and maintains a general understanding of competitive selling strategies.
- 50-75% Travel within region.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- 'Whatever it takes' attitude and motivation to do whatever necessary to assist in closing a deal.
|Location:||Dallas, TX |
|Headquarters:||2130 Gold Street|
Alviso, CA 95002