The Palo Alto Networks Systems Engineering Manager is a technical field position that is resource for the Mid Atlantic Systems Engineering team.
The SEM will have leadership responsibility for the Systems Engineers with the region, and will act as a working manager. It is expected that the SEM can perform all of the functions that a Palo Alto Networks Systems Engineer does including running Evaluations/Proof of concepts. The SEM will act as the Systems Engineering resource for the Regional Sales Director in the case where the Sales Director has a specific set of accounts or territory assigned.
- Recruit and hire new Systems Engineers into the territory.
- Responsible to training and mentoring new Systems Engineers on the team.
- HR responsibility for Systems Engineers in the territory (expenses, reviews, etc)
- Support field SE team in complex evaluations, troubleshooting and challenging customer environments.
- Assist with defining periodic SE training curriculum.
- Assist Channel team in ensuring Partner SE's are trained and can support PAN evaluation installations.
- Foster channel partner relationships with their technical teams.
- Act as a floating SE and fill in for existing team members if there is a resource conflict, or vacation coverage.
- Provide an escalation point for pre-sales and post sales technical issues that arise in the territory.
- Build maintain relationships with Key customers in the territory to solidify reference accounts and to assist the account teams with defining plans to drive more business.
- BS CS/EE or related (or equivalent work experience)
- 3+ Years experience as a pre-sales Sr. Systems Engineer
- Industry knowledge of security product market trends and directional awareness of Palo Alto Network's roadmap and technology development efforts.
- Prior management experience desirable.
- The role calls for in-depth knowledge of competitive security products.
- Knowledge of how to deliver comprehensive security solutions to PAN's customer base, and maintains a general understanding of competitive selling strategies.
- 50-75% Travel within region.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- 'Whatever it takes' attitude and motivation to do whatever necessary to assist in closing a deal.
|Location:||Reston, VA |
|Headquarters:||2130 Gold Street|
Alviso, CA 95002