Systems Support Specialist Sparta Systems
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Job Function
The Systems Support Specialist role is to provide a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organization?s desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via email) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required.
Duties and Responsibilities
Strategy & Planning
1. Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future desktop hardware needs.
Acquisition & Deployment
2. Conduct research on desktop products in support of PC procurement and development efforts. Evaluate and recommend products for purchase.
3. Write technical specifications for purchase of PCs, desktop hardware, and related products.
4. Procure equipment from approved suppliers based on established procedures
5. Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex end user environment issues, recommend, and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair.
6. Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations, related hardware and software in order to meet required SLA?s.
7. Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades to hardware
8. Perform minor changes to network required for end user connectivity.
9. Where required, administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation networking software products.
10. Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or emails regarding desktop problems.
11. Answer to and perform move, add, and change (MAC) requests as they are submitted by line managers.
12. Ensure physical network connection?s is in proper working order and are maintain in an organized fashion.
13. Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring desktop operations.
14. Maintain an inventory of all company issued equipment.
15. Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
16. If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
17. Create/maintain ?How To? documentation for end user consumption
18. Perform basic VoIP system maintenance, end user MAC, and call flow configuration
Formal Education & Certification
College diploma or university degree in the field of Computer
Science or 3 years equivalent work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge & Experience
Excellent technical knowledge of PC and desktop hardware, including
Dell PC?s and peripherals
cellent technical knowledge of PC internal components, including
Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
Extensive equipment support experience with HP and Ricoh printers,
HP Procurve networking equipment, and VTC solutions
Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems,
and standards, including all Microsoft desktop OS?s
Understand and work with PBX containing Web/Audio solution and
Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural
documentation, and OEM guides.
Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
Understanding of the organization?s goals and objectives.
Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Strong customer-service orientation.
17. On-call availability for 2 days per month.
18. Sitting for extended periods of time.
19. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, hand and power tools, and to handle other computer components.
20. Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
21. Ability to multi-task.
22. Resourceful and self-motivated.
||Holmdel Corporate Plaza |
2137 Highway 35
Holmdel, NJ 07733
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED