Tech Lead / Manager, Full-stack Web Team Trulia
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Why work at Trulia?
Engineering gets respect.
We use the phrase 'we're a tech company that does Real Estate' to emphasize how important engineering is to the company. Engineering is the department that drives our apps, tools, data, and interfaces forward. This attitude comes not only from the Engineers, but from our CEO and other top management. They believe in us.
We have awesome problems to solve.
The housing market provides a fantastic blend of problems. We need creative people to help us combine the data about every address in America with the soft side of helping people find a home that makes them feel safe, happy, and comfortable.
Stability is wonderful.
We're that rare company that holds the culture of its startup roots, while blending in the sanity of a regular work schedule with an emphasis on work/life/family balance. It's like this because we worked hard to make it this way.
What you'll work on:
- You'll be technical lead of the team responsible for Trulia's core consumer experience: the home page, search experience, and property pages. These pages get millions of views a day, so the work you do will have huge impact.
- You'll contribute to Trulia's awesome, employee-centric team, managing the team of developers who work on the core consumer experience, and mentoring developers across all teams.
- You'll join forces with other engineering leads to achieve great things, including site-wide refactoring projects, bottom-up performance changes, enumerating and prioritizing engineering goals, and more.
- You have senior level development experience working at scale, preferably with PHP.
- You enjoy motivating and mentoring talented engineers, helping them navigate tough tradeoffs between functionality, complexity and time.
- You live to break down and solving complex problems by creating practical, maintainable, and scalable solutions
- You're a great person that willingly collaborates, listens, and cares about treating people fairly.
- You love making fast websites.
What you'll work with:
Our base web stack is LAMP, but that rides on top of Solr/Lucene, Hadoop, Memcache, Python, Couchbase, Open Street Maps, and more. On the client-side, we use jQuery for its simplicity, and JS libraries like d3.js, Raphael.js, and Google's JS Maps API to make awesome products. We're learning OOCSS and are folding SASS into our workflow as well. We use Git, and are nurturing a code review culture. If there's something that's a good idea for the team, we'll do our best to implement it.
How we work:
The engineering team is about a hundred people. We break into small teams of 2-4 to focus on specific projects, working closely with product managers and designers when appropriate. We release weekly, but new features are always under development and often span releases. Our local and remote QA teams write automated tests, and do hand testing of our products, working with us to ensure that only high quality code gets to production. Organizationally, we're pretty flat, though you'll have a mentor with whom you'll have weekly 1-on-1 meetings, to review code, exchange ideas, and ensure we're doing everything we can for you to thrive in your role.
- 'Hack Week' every quarter
- People you're happy to see every day
- Stocked Kitchens (Breakfast, snacks, drinks, etc), and two kegerators
- Great benefits (flexible, uncapped time off, variety of heavily-subsidized health plans, 401k match)
Trulia gives home buyers, sellers, owners and renters the inside scoop on properties, neighborhoods and real estate professionals. Trulia has unique info on the areas people want to live that can't be found anywhere else: users can learn about agents, neighborhoods, schools, crime and even ask the local community questions. Real estate professionals use Trulia to connect with millions of transaction-ready buyers and sellers each month via our hyper local advertising services, social recommendations and top-rated mobile apps.
Trulia was founded in 2005 and is backed by Accel Partners and Sequoia Capital. We are a successful rapidly growing company, built on an employee-centric culture and are recognized as a Best Place to Work in both San Francisco and Denver.
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED