Techncial Support and Training Specialist - Genetic Identity Promega
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
JOB OBJECTIVE: Responsible for activities related to proactive customer technical support and training for the Genetic Identity Business Unit. Ensure alignment between departmental objectives and corporate activities and initiatives for delivery of technical support to our customers. Reinforce customer advocacy throughout the organization.
--Location is flexible - position can be located within the United States. --
1. Provide expert technical troubleshooting solutions to customers in multiple stages of the sales cycle (evaluation, validation or post-sale). Support methods include telephone, e-mail, fax or visits to customer labs. This is second-stage support and assumes that Technical Services or the Forensic Regional Account Manager (FRAM) was not able or unavailable to assist the customer with a technical issue.
2. Provide Genetic Identity technical support to customers by facilitating and maintaining standards of communications and activities between Technical Services, Forensic Regional Account Managers, Technical Training, and Scientific Applications groups with our customers.
3. Develop, coordinate, implement and present the various technical and marketing training and workshop programs on Genetic Identity Business Unit products, instrument platforms utilizing Promega chemistries, and related applications to customers (internal and external) worldwide. This includes the coordination of the training programs, curriculum development, and preparation of the laboratory, preparation of the presentation materials, collaboration with the Genetic Identity Business Unit Marketing staff, Technical Services, Sales, International Marketing, R&D and other departments as necessary.
4. Attend and give presentations at local, national, and international meetings and seminars on the Genetic Identity Business Unit products primarily in the forensic field.
5. Promote interdepartmental communications by acting as liaison between GI marketing and other groups including, but not limited to, GI R&D, Technical Services, Technical Training, Complaint Investigation, Scientific Applications Services, and Scientific Communications.
6. Produce and help the Technical Support Manager maintain an archive of instructional material that would facilitate the development of specific training programs as the need arises. This includes, but is not limited to, tests, electronic files, videos, and Internet presentations.
7. Monitor and report competitor activities, technical developments and trends.
8. Comply with Promega?s quality system and regulatory requirements associated with customer support and complaint handling. Ensure completeness and accuracy (quality) of contact and product logging in the CRM system.
9. Lead or contribute to cross-functional teams ensuring accurate, timely and complete execution of strategies and tactical plans.
10. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Act as technical consultant for business development opportunities related to Genetic Analysis business.
2. Perform laboratory work to identify root cause of customer technical issue, prepare for workshop or training, evaluate a new Promega product, or evaluate a competitor?s product.
3. Review marketing material for technical accuracy, including Profiles in DNA (publication), European GI team Identity, product brochures, communication to customers in compliance with ISO requirements, and other technical documents as they occur.
4. Project management of business unit initiatives as assigned, primarily requiring a level of technical expertise as a critical success factor.
1. B.S. degree in molecular biology (or equivalent) with 5 or more years experience in a DNA forensics laboratory.
2. Deep knowledge of and strong hands-on technical experience in DNA extraction, quantification and STR analysis of forensic casework sample.
3. Experience with fluorescent detection, DNA sequencing or CE platforms with the proven ability to troubleshoot and train others on their use. Particular emphasis is on PCR and CE instrumentation and related software, including real-time analysis and use of CE instruments for genotyping.
4. Excellent communication and listening skills, both verbal and written.
5. Demonstrated strong presentation skills.
6. Ability and willingness to travel extensively both domestically and internationally - 30% of the time.
7. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and with other team members in a cooperative and consultative manner.
8. Computer experience including Microsoft Office applications, Windows and Macintosh operating systems, Internet and others.
1. M.S. or Ph.D. in molecular biology or related field.
2. Prior teaching and curriculum development experience (lecture and laboratory) in Genetic Identity related areas or molecular biology.
3. Ability to troubleshoot most applications related to Promega?s complete product line.
4. Experience in performing and documenting laboratory validations.
1. Ability to work with computer equipment frequently.
2. Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with customers via the telephone, fax and e-mail.
3. Ability to wear personal protective equipment (lab coat, goggles, gloves, etc.).
4. Ability to work at a lab bench and with a biological and fume hoods frequently.
5. Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||2800 Woods Hollow Road |
Madison, WI 53711
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED