The role is based at one of our key customers' site in prestige offices in Milton Keynes. Although primarily based at this site, it is envisaged that the ideal candidate will be flexible and adaptable to other consulting work in the UK and Europe as required.
· Work as part of a team, consisting of Technical and Application consultants, to support the Ministry of Defense (MoD) WMS systems.
· The primary focus will be consultancy for the day to day support and project requirements of the UK MOD. There will be opportunities to work with other clients in the future.
· Issue management and resolution working with international R&D teams or local resource to deliver patches to the client
· Designing technical solutions, writing technical specifications and developing customizations using Infor project methodologies.
· Work on MoD dedicated support desk on a rota basis. This will require either an early start (currently 7am) or a late finish (currently 7pm). Note â€" the working day is 7.5 hours with a start or finish time adjusted accordingly.
· Provide out of hours support cover to the MoD supply network as part of an on-call rota when required.
required skills & experience
· Informix 4gl
· Fourjs BDS/Fourjs Genero would be advantageous
· Informix SQL
· Basic Unix Shell Scripting ideally on a HP-UX or AIX Platform
· Understand the concepts of how a relational database works
· Excellent problem solving skills
· C programming skills would be advantageous but not essential
· Experience with Dallas Systems WMS or WM2000 from EXE Technologies/SSA Global/Infor is an advantage but not essential
· Previous experience in a consultancy environment would be an advantage but not essential
· Written and spoken English language (essential)
· MS Office knowledge (specifically Word and Excel)
· Ability to work as part of a team sharing knowledge as required
· Solid communication (written, oral) skills. Ability to communicate at all levels from warehouse operations to senior management
· To be able to prioritise work to meet strict deadlines
· A self-starter with the ability to work as an individual and collaboratively to ensure team goals are achieved
· Flexibility and a genuine desire to learn
· High degree of attention to detail
· Excellent time management skills
· Ability to travel if required
· Relevant experience and/or related degree
· UK Passport
· Full driving license
· Obtain Security clearance for working on an MOD site
o British National
o All candidates will be background checked. N.B. This will also include the individual, their parents and their spouse / partner