Technical Demonstrations Consultant (Japan) Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Demonstration Solutions team is responsible for delivering creative, solution-focused demonstration implementations to the Sales organization for presentation to prospects. We are currently expanding our international team to dedicate more time and effort to support our sales efforts in specific regions.
The Technical Demonstrations Consultant position involves working directly with members of the Sales team to configure complex solution demonstrations, assisting in localizing product to target market and participating in technical prospect discussions when necessary. This international support position will be responsible for owning region specific content and will serve as a feedback loop to the team located at company headquarters.
Although this is not a customer facing role it may include direct participation in sales opportunities and proofs-of-concept: designing, developing, and configuring creative and innovative solutions to prospects' requirements.
The candidate filling this position will be based out of the Guidewire Tokyo office.
In addition we are looking for teammates who:
The ideal teammate has at least 3+ years of software development experience and are highly technical with experience in following areas:
- Demonstrate ability to understand business process needs, rationalize those needs into technical solutions and to conceptualize which needs can be satisfied through our software
- Quickly, easily, and enthusiastically learn how to use new technology
- Are self-driven with a high level of creativity
- Capable of handling a wide variety of tasks - product configuration one minute, database management the next, articulating business solutions the nextâ€¦
- Have strong oral and written communication skills (English and Japanese required)
- Have strong presentation skills â€" ability to demonstrate our products to prospects (key stakeholders, including executive level)
Key Sales Support activities include:
- Java language fundamentals (interfaces, inheritance, polymorphism, threading)
- Core J2EE technology (Application servers, JSP, Servlets)
- Web presentation and control layer technology (JSF, Struts, AJAX)
- Databases (SQL, transactions, isolation levels, Oracle, SQL Server)
- Data persistence strategies (ORM, Hibernate, EJB 3.0)
- Distributed computing infrastructure (caching, coherence, network topology)
- Security fundamentals (authentication, authorization, LDAP, JAAS)
- Computational complexity (orders-of-growth, basic algorithms)
- Operating systems (Windows, Linux, AIX)
- Source control and build frameworks (Subversion, CVS, Perforce, Ant, CruiseControl)
- Software testing and test frameworks (JUnit, JMeter)
- Integration mechanisms (messaging, synchronous, asynchronous, RMI, JMS, MQ, SOAP)
- Supporting the sales team as an expert on the technical and integration aspects of Guidewire solutions throughout the sales cycle
- Leading formal and informal architecture discussions
- Responding to technical issues raised by prospects
- Partnering with client business and technical teams to understand business objectives and integration requirements
- Partnering with the Guidewire Functional Sales Consultant for application configuration for detailed product demonstrations. (e.g: data model extensions, page configurations and rules creation).
- Installing solutions at client sites and leading or supporting user test drive sessions
- Leading or supporting on site POCs as required
Some travel will be required for this position.
As a team, our mission is to provide distinguished consulting and support services to prospects, partners, and customers which result in 100 percent reference-able customers which guides us in all that we do.
Guidewire has pursued one mission from its founding as a company in 2001: to be the pre-eminent provider of next-generation core systems -- policy, claims, and billing -- to the global property-casualty (general) industry. All of our employees understand that we serve only one industry and strive to solve one problem: to enable insurance carriers to migrate completely from legacy systems to a modern core system platform. We have recruited extensively among experts in the industry to ensure that we learn from veterans of insurance system design and implementation. Today, insurance experience is pervasive throughout the Guidewire organization, especially in our Product Management and Implementation Services groups. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, California, US with offices in London, Paris, Munich, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and now, Dublin. Guidewire is a public company traded on NYSE under the symbol GWRE.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services