Technical Editor Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Interested in helping develop high-quality documentation? Â Enjoy a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment? Â Come talk to us about an opportunity to deliver content at Workday, Inc., providing the next generation of enterprise business applications. Â The ideal candidate is an outstanding editor with a proven ability to manage projects independently, and to edit content targeted to professional and technical audiences.
- Work closely with development, customer support, product management, and other teams to produce high-quality documentation for a targeted audience.
- Edit content for multiple deliverables, including online help, system messages, release notes, and administrator support.
- Test documentation against the product.
- Perform all phases of editing, including developmental edit, copy edit, and final quality edit.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, learn the products, and work as an integral part of the product team.
- Provide constructive feedback and guide the work of authors to improve their writing skills.
- Copy edit content and Web pages to improve clarity and effectiveness.
- Proofread text to identify and correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors and confirm that it complies with Workdayâs quality standards.
- Review and edit graphics to ensure they conform to quality standards.
- B.A./B.S. or higher in Journalism, English, Communications, or Technical Writing.
- Minimum 3 -5 yearsâ experience editing business software documentation for enterprise applications, including User Guides, Release Notes and other customer facing content.
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) company experience is preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills, flexibility, the ability to manage priorities, familiarity with traditional and agile software development life cycles, and the ability to interact with all levels within the development organization.
- Excellent grasp of spelling, grammar, and punctuation rules and style conventions for published materials.
- Experience implementing or working with enterprise software preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in a start-up environment, where tools, processes, and deliverables are not necessarily predefined.
- Familiarity with XML authoring tools required.
- Familiarity with DITA or other topic-based writing methodology.
- Ability to work collaboratively on team projects and establish positive working relationships.
- Comfortable with learning new technologies.
||Pleasanton, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners
, NEA All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services