Technical Marketing Engineer Netcordia
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Technical Marketing Engineer
Marketing | Santa Clara, CA, United States
The Technical Marketing Engineer role is primarily responsible for technical marketing and competitive analysis. This includes maintaining a TME lab, testing and evaluating competitive products and working with Product Management to ensure the continuous superiority of Infoblox technologies. The role will also involve other technical marketing activities such as providing support for Product Management events, technology evaluations and sales assistance during larger deals.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Infoblox and competitive products. This covers a variety of technologies including DDI (DNS/DHCP/IPAM), IPv6, automation, virtualization, configuration management, and security.
- Maintain and operate a competitive lab. Be responsible for all aspects of said lab, including purchasing, installation, configuration, and regular maintenance of equipment.
- Perform technical competitive analysis and deliver various competitive positioning tools to the Product Management and Sales teams.
- Present technical materials to a wide range of audiences.
- Assists in preparation and delivery of market leading features for Infoblox solutions.
Core Competencies/Skills & Knowledge:
- BS / BA in computer-related fields, or equivalent work experience.
- A self-starter with ability to do technical evaluation and positioning of competitive products with minimum help.
- Extensive understanding and experience with IP networking, switches/routers, and firewall security.
- Position requires ability to work effectively with other members of the Product Management and Marketing teams, engineering and field sales.
- Requires the ability to produce quality materials and deliver to large audience within tight timeframes.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to present highly technical materials to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience working with DNS/DHCP/IPAM products such as Alcatel-Lucent VitalQIP, BlueCat, Efficient IP, Nominum, Cisco CPNR, or Network Automation Products such as Solarwinds, Cisco LMS, and HP Network Automation, is a plus
- Prior experience as Technical/Competitive Marketing Engineer or Competitive Intelligence Certification (CIP) is a plus
- Ability to travel (Minimally)
- Language Requirement: English
- Written: Must be able to create professional materials aimed at various groups
- Verbal: Must be able to deliver effective presentation to large groups
- Interpersonal: Ability to work well with others
- Presentation: Ability to create and presentprofessionalpresentations aimed at internal audience
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Clara, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Netcordia delivers a network management system that is easy to use, produces useful information everyday, and provides a system-level view of the network.Investors: Novak Biddle Venture Partners
, Trinity Ventures All Jobs: at Netcordia
|Headquarters:||2431 Solomons Island Road|
Annapolis, MD 21401
|Company Profile:||Netcordia is a leading provider of network automation software to the worlds most complex and mission-critical networks. Its award-winning NetMRI Network Change and Configuration Management (NCCM) solution continuously audits multi-vendor infrastructures, identifies anomalies early, speeds resolution, and automates network changes. Netcordia helps more than 250 leading organizations in healthcare, manufacturing, financial services, academic, service and government stretch IT budgets, improve overall performance, meet corporate policy and comply with stringent regulations. |
Support Netcordia with Social Media services