Technical Product Marketing Manager (Individual Contributor) Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
The Technical Product Marketing Manager will be the primary product-technology resource within Marketing at Splunk. You will be responsible for driving and reinforcing Splunk's technical value proposition, building supporting sales collateral and tools and presenting the product at customers and key industry events. You will also be responsible for developing demonstration use cases that deliver a value-based dialogue and showcase the product for appropriate use cases and audiences. The role involves ownership and project management of technical marketing initiatives, such as those above, working closely with other members of marketing, sales, sales engineering, product management and development engineering. The position is based at Splunk's headquarters in San Francisco, California and is a fantastic opportunity for the right individual at a fast-growing and dynamic enterprise technology company. Strong experience in technical marketing or sales engineering within enterprise software is essential.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Sales tools: Developing technical product presentations, whitepapers, product guides, technical briefs and other tools, to enable sales teams to sell the Splunk technology story effectively.
- Product demonstrations: Designing, delivering and training the field on value-based demonstration, working in conjunction with Sales Engineering.
- Product evangelism: Evangelizing and demonstrating Splunk at conferences, tradeshows, to analysts and customers.
- Competitive intelligence: Research and maintain technical competitive intelligence in key usage areas and markets, including building technical evaluation labs.
- Product positioning: Connecting market and technology trends with Splunk's technology to build technical product positioning and messages for key use cases.
- Product launches: Participating in product launches to build technical product messaging, pitching Splunk's technology to analysts and press, developing product collateral and sales tools and general support of the launch plan.
- Partnerships: Supporting partnership-related technical product marketing activities.
- Industry events: Attending tradeshows and other events to represent Splunk and showcase the technology.
Required Skills and Background: I've already done that or have that!
Education: Got it!
- 3-6+ years in technical product marketing or sales engineering in enterprise software.
- Passionate about groundbreaking technology, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience establishing value and translating this to effective technology-based demonstration use cases.
- Ability to effectively articulate and showcase technology with flair and to different types of audience.
- Experience and familiarity with IT management software products, networking, server, application monitoring and/or web technologies.
- Self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative software start-up environment.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 5,000 customers in over 90 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cybersecurity, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk has almost 1,000 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and regional headquarters in London, Hong Kong and Singapore.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED