Technical Product Marketing Manager - Security and Compliance (Individual Contributor) Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Ideal Location: San Francisco Bay Area, Seattle or West Coast, but may consider Washington D.C. or Dallas areas.
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Be the bridge between marketing and a new security practices group being created at Splunk. This cool position collects customer use cases for security and compliance in partnership with the security practices group and translates them into marketing collateral. You'll understand complex enterprise customer security problems and see these incorporated into Splunk for security messaging. As a security practitioner, you'll have credibility with enterprise customers to understand security needs from their point of view. You get to live on the cutting edge of security.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Work closely with the security practices group, sales engineers, inside sales, marketing, competitive intelligence, and others on outbound messaging and inbound customer needs.
- Work closely with our top tier enterprise customers (world known Fortune 100 and 500 companies)
- Create Splunk demos and applications to recreate specific customer scenarios or use cases. This will involve taking a customer idea and creating â€˜demoware' for marketing purposes.
- May be called upon to represent the company at various speaking engagements, conferences, press interviews, industry analyst briefings, etc.
- Work as part of sponsored educational â€˜hackathon' events as event mentor while collecting information about creative security use cases.
- dentify and promote product improvements for increased testability, supportability and usability
- May be assigned to various projects using skills.
- Must have 4+ years technical product marketing experience in relevant enterprise software; customer-side experience a plus and preferred
- Must have 6+ years as a security practitioner with enterprise or government, or as a sales engineer with security-related experience
- Must have highly relevant domain expertise / industry experience in the specific solution areas of security, compliance, and log management.
- Must be able up to 35% of the time
- Experience with Splunk Enterprise will be given preference
- Working knowledge of, and experience with, Python is preferred (and a huge plus)
- Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills including ability to create effective presentations
- Must be a self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced software start-up environment.
- Ideally this person will be located in the San Francisco Bay Area but will consdier West Coast and Seattle. 'May' consider people located near our Washington D.C. and Dallas offices.
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor's Degree or foreign equivalent in computer science, Engineering, or a related field. Master's Degree in information technology preferred but not required.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has 5,600 customers in over 90 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cybersecurity, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk now has over 800 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco with offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
Keywords: San, Francisco, Silicon, Valley, Bay, Area, Cisco McAfee, RSA, Symantec, Internet, Black, Hat, DefCon, CanSecWest, Bsides, Associations 'Certified Ethical Hackers' 'CEH', ISACA, ISC(2), OWASP, InfraGard,
||San Francisco Bay Area, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED