Technical Product Marketing Manager - Security and Compliance Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Ideal Location: San Francisco Bay Area or Bethesda/D.C area but open to Seattle or Dallas
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Be the bridge between a new security practice group being created at Splunk & marketing. This cool position collects customer use cases for security and compliance in partnership with the security practice team and translates them into Splunk. You'll get to build Splunk demos, understanding pervasive customer security problems and see these incorporated into Splunk for security messaging. As a security practitioner, you'll have credibility with customers to understand security needs from their point of view. You get to live on the cutting edge of security.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Work closely with the security practices team, field sales, inside sales, marketing and others on outbound messaging and inbound customer needs.
- Create Splunk demo Apps to recreate specific customer scenarios or use cases. This may involve taking a customer idea and creating â€˜demoware' for marketing purposes.
- Present at conferences, write white papers and blogs.
- Perform security research to include in newsletters and other marketing communications as well as relay information to the internal security and compliance marketing team members.
- Attend and present at tradeshows, provide channel training, etc.
- May be called upon to represent the company at various speaking engagements, conferences, press interviews, industry analyst briefings, etc.
- Work as part of sponsored educational â€˜hackathon' events as event mentor while collecting information about creative security use cases.
- Identify and promote product improvements for increased testability, supportability and usability
- May be assigned to various projects using skills.
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- 4+ years technical product marketing experience in relevant enterprise software; customer-side experience a plus.
- Software or security (sales engineer) experience
- 6+ years as a security practitioner with commercial businesses or government
- Must have highly relevant domain expertise--industry experience in the specific solution areas (Security, Compliance, and Log Management).
- Knowledge of log management technologies and solutions, and PCI, FISMA, ISO 27001, and other relevant security and compliance mandates is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills including ability to create effective presentations
- Must be a self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced software start-up environment.
- Experience in Splunk will be give preference
- Experience such as: 'security sales engineer', or a security engineer that has coding or developer experience, or engineer that has configured security devices AND wants to have more customer facing time, work with marketing, sales engineers AND create, establish and role out new security practices.
- Ideally this person will be located in San Francisco (1st choice) or Seattle, Dallas or Bethesda MD. May consider other locations in the U.S.
Education: Got it!
- Bachelors or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field. Master in Information Technology preferred but not required.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has 5,600 customers in over 90 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cybersecurity, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk now has over 800 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco with offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
Keywords: San, Francisco, Silicon, Valley, Bay, Area, McAfee, Orcale, Microsoft, Google, Internet, Facebook, Twitter, BlackHat, DefCon, CanSecWest, Bsides, RSA, Associations ec-council, 'Certified Ethical Hackers' 'CEH', isaca.org, ISC2.org, OWASP.org, INFRAGUARD,
||San Francisco Bay Area or, OR |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED