Technical Product Marketing Manager Proofpoint
We?re seeking a hands-on technical/product marketer. Not someone to ?manage the process?, but to dive in, do research and create content. A high performing, team oriented, go-getter who will make things happen.
The Technical Marketing Manager is expected to be an email security/protection expert as well as evangelist, who has an understanding of Proofpoint and competing technologies; and knows how they fit into end to end solutions that address the business, IT and security challenges of our customers and prospects.
This is a hands-on, high-profile role requiring strong marketing and interpersonal skills. The individual must have the ability to clearly articulate competitive positioning in the market, create sales tools, help to train and support sales, sales engineering, and channel partners. The successful candidate is able to understand the technology and implementation (in lab and live customer environments) at a deep technical level, and communicate it to both verbally and in writing to technical and business audiences, quickly and concisely ? and adjust those explanatory approaches for various marketing vehicles and customers.
High energy and self-motivation are crucial, including a perspective on the right way to use Technical Marketing, and the initiative to make that perspective a reality (if you're waiting for your manager to tell you what to do, this is not the role for you). You will work with experienced marketers who've built and run some of the best-known companies in Silicon Valley.
We reward creativity and execution, and also value a good sense of humor and believe in maintaining a work-life balance. Come join us as we continue to build the next great Security as a Service (SaaS) company.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Help drive Proofpoint?s technical value proposition, building supporting sales collateral and tools.
- Create, refine, and refresh technical enablement intellectual property, including and not limited to whitepapers, presentations, videos, or podcasts.
- Be an expert on the competition and how to crush them.
- Collaborate with your fellow Product Managers, Product Marketers to enable Sales Reps and Sales Engineers to better understand customer needs.
- Collaborate with our Field Organization to ensure they are empowered to drive and enable our customers and prospects.
- Work with our Alliances organization to leverage our partners to work on joint initiatives that showcase our technologies and solutions alongside our partner?s offerings.
- Ensure that technical feedback from partners, customers and the Field team is brought back to the respective Product Managers to make certain it is noted and taken into consideration when decisions are being made around future technologies and solution directions.
- Experience as a sales engineer, solutions architect, consultant or in a professional services organization is highly desirable.
- At least 2 years of proven product marketing experience at a security, infrastructure technology or enterprise software company, preferably with involvement in market-leading products.
- Proven ability to successfully work across teams.
- Must be able to demonstrate both a passion for technologies and solutions, and a strong aptitude for business strategy.
- Exceptional people, presentation, verbal and written skills.
#LI - CG1
Proofpoint, Inc. helps the largest and most successful companies in the world protect and govern their most sensitive data. Founded in 2002 by the former CTO of Netscape and headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, Proofpoint was funded by top Silicon Valley investors, including Benchmark Capital and Mohr Davidow Ventures before going public in 2012.
Please note that Proofpoint does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, Proofpoint will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Proofpoint explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
||892 Ross Drive |
Sunnyvale, CA 94089