Technical Project Manager Expect Labs
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
About Expect Labs:
Expect Labs is a technology start-up based in downtown San Francisco. We are the creators of the MindMeld app and API. The MindMeld app is the first intelligent assistant that can understand your conversations and find information you need before you have to search for it. The MindMeld API is an advanced developer platform and cloud-based service to power a new generation of anticipatory computing applications.
Our team is on a mission to make software that understands you better than you might understand yourself. We are working on some very interesting technical challenges in speech recognition, natural language processing, machine learning, and low-latency architectures.
Our company was founded by repeat entrepreneurs who have built successful, large-scale Internet applications from the ground up. We are well funded and our backers include some of the most prominent investors in Silicon Valley including Google Ventures, Greylock Partners, Samsung, Intel, and Telefonica.
Technical Project Manager
This role is an opportunity to drive the success of our MindMeld API, which is a cloud-based infrastructure and developer platform designed to power a new breed of intelligent assistant applications. As Technical Project Manager, you will be the glue that keeps our team working effectively, creatively, and on track with projects for some of the world's largest technology companies. You will be collaborating with our Software Engineers, VP of Engineering, and CEO to execute on product strategy, while steering cutting-edge technology projects from conception all the way to delivery.
You are a results-oriented, customer-focused Project Manager who gets excited about innovative technology, starting a project from scratch, and solving tough technical and operational challenges. You will shape the business requirements that bring high-quality products to market and thrive in an environment with high levels of visibility and recognition. Lastly, you will leverage the knowledge of a team of smart software development engineers, while fearlessly leading each team member and project to success.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Collaborate with the development team to define, plan, and deliver on releases
- Create and publish metrics that drive product quality and team effectiveness
- Create a supportive and challenging work environment to ensure professional development
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents
- Work with technical SMES to define and document technical requirements for the project, including project dependencies & critical path
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
- Maintain communication with the development studio to stay informed about any changes to plans. Document and distribute changes to stakeholders via appropriate communication channels
What we look for:
- 2-5 years of technical project management experience
- Bachelors degree, ideally in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related
- Track record of success in a Project Manager or Producer role
- Thorough understanding of Internet & Mobile technologies
- Extremely detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in project management methodology and tools
- Excellent interpersonal and organization skills
- Solid project management and leadership skills and experience in delivering projects on time, within budget, and with high customer satisfaction
- Experience with project management or task tracking software is a plus
||San Francisco, CA 94108 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Build awesome, intelligent voice interfaces for any app, device, or website.
Beta Test / Clinical Trials
5 - 20M RaisedSelf Funded All Jobs: at Expect Labs
|Headquarters:||350 Sansome Street|
San Francisco, CA 94104
|Company Profile:||Expect Labs is a technology startup based in downtown San Francisco. Our company was founded by repeat entrepreneurs who have built successful, large-scale Internet applications from the ground up. We are well funded and our backers include some of the most prominent investors in Silicon Valley.
We are committed to solving challenging technology problems that can deliver lasting value to our users, and our mission is to build a technology company where world-class engineers and scientists love to work.
Our small but growing team includes PhDs and researchers from places like MIT, CMU, Bell Labs and elsewhere. We are looking for individuals who not only have the technical expertise and determination to build great products, but who also thrive in a fast-paced startup environment where everyone wears many hats.
- See more at: http://www.expectlabs.com/jobssthash.ImLqhXQj.dpuf|
Support Expect Labs with Social Media services