Technical Sales Consultant - Japan Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Guidewire sales team consists of a select team of sales executives and sales consultants. Sales executives are responsible for prospecting, managing the sales cycle, building customer relationships, and closing sales. Technical Sales Consultants are responsible for understanding detailed technical requirements needs, defining how Guidewire solutions can meet those needs, and persuading through tailored proposals, demonstrations and proofs of concept the superiority of our proven solution. Our compensation structure provides significant bonus for achieving and exceeding team objectives.
Sales Consultants work side by side with with prospects, striving to understand client business goals and objectives and then map our solution to meet stated needs. Sales Consulting requires a unique blend of business process expertise, listening skill, technical design creativity, and exceptional communication/presentation skills.
Key activities for the Technical Sales Consultant include:
Required skills/experience include:
- Supporting the sales team as an expert on the technical and integration aspects of Guidewire solutions throughout the sales cycle
- Leading formal and informal architecture discussions
- Serving as a pre-sales technical point-of-contact for customers
- Responding to technical issues raised by prospects
- Responding to requests for information or proposal
- Partnering with client business and technical teams to understand business objectives and integration requirements
- Partnering with the Guidewire Functional Sales Consultant for application configuration for detailed product demonstrations. (e.g: data model extensions, page configurations and rules creation).
- Identifying new platform requirements and working with Product Management to design solutions for those requirements
- Installing solutions at client sites and leading or supporting user test drive sessions
- Leading or supporting on site POCs as required
- Providing input and support to support team in US based headquarters
Desired areas of technical expertise:
- 5+ years of software design, engineering, and/or programming experience
- broad knowledge of modern enterprise software technologies
- technical capability with proven depth of knowledge in a number of the Desired Areas of Technical Expertise, outlined below
- 3+ years of pre-sales experience with an enterprise software company
- strong oral and written communication skills
- experience presenting to senior customer executives
- demonstrated ability to understand business process needs and to conceptualize which needs can be satisfied through our software, and
- an innate ability to interact with the customer spontaneously and intelligently.
Up to 20% travel is required for Technical Sales Consultants, with some week-to-week variance.
- Java language fundamentals (interfaces, inheritance, polymorphism, threading)
- Core J2EE technology (Application servers, JSP, Servlets)
- Web presentation and control layer technology (JSF, Struts, AJAX)
- Databases (SQL, transactions, isolation levels, Oracle, SQL Server)
- Data persistence strategies (ORM, Hibernate, EJB 3.0)
- Distributed computing infrastructure (caching, coherence, network topology)
- Security fundamentals (authentication, authorization, LDAP, JAAS)
- Computational complexity (orders-of-growth, basic algorithms)
- Operating systems (Windows, Linux, AIX)
- Source control and build frameworks (Subversion, CVS, Perforce, Ant, CruiseControl)
- Software testing and test frameworks (JUnit, JMeter)
- Integration mechanisms (messaging, synchronous, asynchronous, RMI, JMS, MQ, SOAP)
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services