Technical Sales Consultant Guidewire Software
Technical sales consultants are responsible for understanding detailed customer needs, defining how Guidewire solutions can meet those needs both in RFPs and in person, configuring and presenting complex solution demonstrations, and leading technical discussions. Our compensation structure provides significant team bonus, for achieving and exceeding objectives. Within the team bonus structure, a pool is reserved to reward outstanding individual contribution.
The successful technical sales consultant is expected to work side by side with our prospect while making sure that our product management and engineering staff is kept abreast of product strengths and weaknesses. The position requires a unique blend of business process, listening, technical design, and communication skills.
Key activities for the Technical Sales Consultant include:
Required skills/experience include:
- Supporting the sales team as an expert on the technical and integration aspects of Guidewire solutions throughout the sales cycle:
- Leading formal and informal architecture discussions
- Serving as a pre-sales technical point-of-contact for customers
- Responding to technical issues raised by prospects
- Responding to requests for information or proposal (technical sections)
- Partnering with client business and technical teams to understand business objectives and integration requirements
- Partnering with the Guidewire Functional Sales Consultant for application configuration for detailed product demonstrations. (eg: data model extensions, page configurations and rules creation).
- Identifying new platform requirements and working with Product Management to design solutions for those requirements
- Installing solutions at client sites and leading or supporting user test drive sessions
- Leading or supporting on site POCs as required
- Providing input and support to the Demo Team in San Mateo
Desired areas of technical expertise:
- 5+ years of software design, engineering, and/or programming experience
- broad knowledge of modern enterprise software technologies
- technical capability proven depth of knowledge in a number of the Desired Areas of Technical Expertise, outlined below
- 3+ years of pre-sales experience with an enterprise software company
- strong oral and written communication skills,
- experience presenting to senior customer executives,
- demonstrated ability to understand business process needs and to conceptualize which needs can be satisfied through our software, and
- an innate ability to interact with the customer spontaneously and intelligently.
- Java language fundamentals (interfaces, inheritance, polymorphism, threading)
- Core J2EE technology (Application servers, JSP, Servlets)
- Web presentation and control layer technology (JSF, Struts, AJAX)
- Databases (SQL, transactions, isolation levels, Oracle, SQL Server)
- Data persistence strategies (ORM, Hibernate, EJB 3.0)
- Distributed computing infrastructure (caching, coherence, network topology)
- Security fundamentals (authentication, authorization, LDAP, JAAS)
- Computational complexity (orders-of-growth, basic algorithms)
- Operating systems (Windows, Linux, AIX)
- Source control and build frameworks (Subversion, CVS, Perforce, Ant, CruiseControl)
- Software testing and test frameworks (JUnit, JMeter)
- Integration mechanisms (messaging, synchronous, asynchronous, RMI, JMS, MQ, SOAP)
- 55 - 65% travel is required for Technical Sales Consultants, with some week-to-week variance.
||United States, PA |
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services