Technical Sales Manager- Process IndustrySpectraSensors
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Technical Sales Manager will be responsible for technical-commercial activities
required to develop and grow our position in the Process industry with the emphasis on gaining strong reference footholds with target applications and gaining market share in the US & Canada, whilst also supporting activity in Latin America.
The Process industries are generally as listed below, with all target development
applications listed at the end of this document.
- Specialty Gases
The Technical Sales Manager will be an important contributor to the growth and
profitability of SpectraSensors, achieving extraordinary levels of sales effectiveness as well as Customer satisfaction. Management and execution of activities shall be consistent with current and future company plans, policy, objectives and customer requirements. Specific functions include, but are not limited to:
1. Develop Strategic Accounts through development of relationships with key technology,
technical and commercial decision makers to propose target application solutions
that have a high degree of potential and their implementation across the
account. This includes but is not limited to the following accounts:
Shell, BP, Valero, Dow, Lyondell, Citgo, ConocoPhillips, Chevron, ExxonMobil, Tesoro, Sinclair, Marathon, Chevon Phillips, Holly Refining, Flint Hills Refining
2. Validate Process opportunities for target applications, coordinate with Inside Sales the
preparation and submittal of proposals and revisions in a timely manner and in
accordance to accepted company practices and procedures, and manage the sales
strategy collaboratively with all parties and clients, both internal and external.
3. Sales Channel development activities aimed at improving the efficiency of our sales
? Joint sales calls with specific visit objectives and follow up plans
? Formal and informal training and development of key sales channel personnel in regards
to Product, Application and Process for target applications
? Develop market and application development strategies with key sales channel partners
in collaboration with the Director of Business Development
? Collaborate with the Process PLM to develop industry or application sales collateral,
target specific technology or process influences, apply specific business
development objectives to key accounts, etc.
4. Be the primary contact for our client/s and sales channel partners on target application opportunities, validate each opportunity, develop and communicate our proposal strategy, conduct commercial negotiations within allowed parameters, coordinate deliverables such as FAT, commissioning, all the way through assurance of a successful application reference.
5. Maintain an ?active project? spreadsheet (or via salesforce.com when implemented) for
all active proposals that includes but is not limited to; overview, status, follow up activity and forecast. This will be maintained on an ongoing basis so that it is always current within one week.
6. Work closely with the Director of Business Development to identify, propose and assist in business development activities related to new applications of high potential per the criteria noted in the last paragraph of this document. For example, this would include management of evaluation initiatives with the client, sales channel partner, PLM, TSG, service and others as applicable.
7. Coordinate and participate in applicable exhibitions and client seminars
8. Primary area of operation will be the USA and Canada with Latin American supported from
9. US & Canada travel estimated at 40%. When not traveling, shall work from the
Houston office for personal contact and collaboration with the proposal, marketing
and application engineering teams.
11027 Arrow Route
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730