Technical Service Representative II SeaMobile
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED DEPARTMENT: Operations/Tech Services
EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT: Exempt REPORTS TO: Manager of Technical Services
JOB CODE: ST420 LOCATION: MIRAMAR, FL
GENERAL PURPOSE: Analysis of system performance, diagnosis of component or system faults and
corrective maintenance of VSAT system and components. Perform installation of new VSAT systems.
1. Diagnose VSAT system symptoms and information with computer software and test equipment
2. Troubleshoot components of the VSAT system with computer software and test equipment
3. Interpret troubleshooting results and determine best course of action to restore VSAT operability
4. Analyze results of corrective actions to ensure systems, components and services working satisfactorily.
5. Interpret problems or symptoms reported by customer IT representative and diagnose possible causes of
service problems with the network, systems or components.
6. Interpret data from digital or analog menus in assessment of parameters, settings and symptoms.
7. Install new VSAT equipment and upgrade components or systems on vessels or buildings.
8. Test, locate and restore service by interpreting service orders, circuit diagrams and troubleshooting.
9. Modify computer / system software settings and parameters. Provide feedback reports.
10. Change software and scripting coding.
11. Test and adjust equipment as necessary.
12. Perform routine maintenance on shipboard VSAT systems, components and software.
13. Other duties as may be assigned.
1. Maintain tools, test equipment and travel documents in order and ready to travel
NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS: This position will report to the Technical Services Manager.
Interacts with shipboard personnel to include IT Manager, Captain and Chief Electrician.
TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS: AS degree or equivalent experience required. Working knowledge of
Telnet, PC Anywhere, Windows OS required. Graduate of technical school desired with emphasis on RF,
electronics, electro-mechanical studies. 2-3 years wireless network installation and/or maintenance experience
required. 2-3 years field experience desired.
PHYSICAL/SENSORY DEMANDS: PC use, telephone use. Heavy travel (approximately 85% required).
Able to transport or lift tools and/or equipment weighing up to 75lbs.
||Miramar, FL |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED