Technical Service Representative III SeaMobile
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED GENERAL PURPOSE: Conducts routine and moderate (where applicable) network/antenna installation and/or maintenance activities. Technician will be able to access customer equipment remotely and take any possible corrective actions. Also responsible for all activities required to affect a start-to-finish terminal installation aboard maritime vessels. Technician will require limited to no technical supervision or assistance to diagnose and repair customer issues.
1. Tests, isolates and repairs on board VSAT terminal problems by interpreting customer complaints, service orders, circuit diagrams and electrical schematics.
2. Directs others to install, rearrange and remove equipment and associated wiring as required.
3. Verifies work order information and receipt of all necessary equipment and information.
4. Develops test and adjusts procedures for MTNGS equipment as necessary.
5. Ensures that routine maintenance on assigned ships is completed at required intervals.
6. Maintain tools, test equipment and travel documents in order and ready to travel.
7. Completes required paperwork and documentation of work within 72 hours of event.
8. Provides remote troubleshooting and support to customer representatives and junior technicians.
9. Maintains the trouble tickets database and other technical documentation in support of customer activities and issues
10. Other duties as may be assigned.
NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS: This position will report directly to the Manager of Technical Services. Interaction with customers and shipboard personnel on a daily basis is required.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS: Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in electronics technology discipline. Minimum of 5 years of VSAT terminal and network installation and/or maintenance. Ability to read, record, and decipher equipment LCD indications. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally (both in person AND via telephone) while interacting with superiors, colleagues, and customers alike
PHYSICAL/SENSORY DEMANDS: PC use (MS Office Suite knowledge). Heavy travel required (domestic/international). Must be able to lift and transport tools and/or equipment weighing up to 75lbs. Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance of at least a Secret level.
||MIRAMAR, FL |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED