TECHNICAL SERVICES CONSULTANT
The role of the Technical Services Consultant is to act either as part of a implementation team under the direction of a Project Manager for large service engagements or as the single point of contact for small-to-medium service engagements.
The Technical Services Consultant will provide Bit9 Customers with technical and best practice guidance, hands-on configuration, implementation support, product training, and in the case of small-to-medium size service engagements, project management oversight. Bit9 implementation service offerings are designed and offered to ensure that new Bit9 customers have successful implementations and recognize value in their Bit9 investments.
This role will need to be filled by a resource that is comfortable living in the Customerâs realm as well as building a partnership with cross-functional groups throughout Bit9. A strong desire for success and a positive demeanor is essential to this job. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the service-oriented nature of this position, knowledge of security technologies and best practices, and proficiency in Windows and IT technologies. The Technical Services Consultant will also support the efforts to refine and improve Bit9âs implementation practices.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential Responsibilities Include:
Desired Skills & Experience
- Work independently as a Technical Services Consultant to fully deploy Bit9 software at customer sites
- Collect and document technical requirements from customers and configure the Bit9 software to work within the capabilities of the application for those requirements. Review the configuration decisions that are available to customer and provide expertise and guidance on best practices.
- Produce design deliverables for customer signoff
- Provide in-depth onsite and remote technical guidance to new Bit9 customers to ensure a successful implementation
- For small and medium engagements, perform project management functions including, but not limited to, project planning and definition, project scheduling, project tracking and status/completion reporting
- Build and maintain customer relationships
- Work efficiently with customer technical support team to solve customer issues
- Provide market and product feature input to product management and engineering
- Work closely with other members of the services team evaluating, testing and rolling out future product releases
- Responsible for best practices material development and maintenance in concert with Bit9 product releases
- 40-60% overnight travel, including international travel
Qualifications & Requirements
Bit9 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only direct applications will be considered; no recruiters please.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years field consulting experience, including project management experience
- Experience with multiple operating systems, security policies and terminology
- Knowledge of enterprise IT infrastructures, configuration, and management
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows configuration and management
- Knowledge of IT security technologies and best practices
- Proven ability to work on a technical services team, provide technical leadership, and evangelize early-stage technology
- Experience delivering a professional services/consulting product
- Ability to create, manage, and maintain project plans
- Experience with various types of training content development/maintenance
- Ability to translate customer needs into technical solutions and recommendations
- Troubleshooting/diagnostic/analytical skills
- CISSP certification a plus