Technical Support Engineer - Australia (Melbourne) Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Responsibilities: I can do that!
- Ability to take ownership of their issues, troubleshoot and resolve technical problems across a range of environments
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills to establish the root cause of problems and form a solution or workaround.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively manage the customer relationship
- Ability to closely with the Product Management and Development teams and engage with other internal resources to champion product concerns and enhancements
- Must be able to work in a fast paced work-environment and support a product on the Agile Development Life-Cycle, with frequent product releases and regular maintenance updates
- Must have the ability to shift gears and focus is essential when supporting a product like Splunk
- Must also provide documentation content and participate in online forum support for real-time questions from Splunk users
Requirements: I've already got that!
- 5 years prior experience in a similar role supporting technical end users
- An ability to learn quickly, and a passion for solving technical problems
- Superior written and oral communication skills a must
- Highly developed, process-oriented skills for troubleshooting, problem solving, and problem resolution
- Be able to isolate problems between hardware and software and provide information to appropriate development team(s)
- Assist in testing of solutions
- Strong experience with the following systems: UNIX (AIX, Solaris and/or Linux), HPUX, Windows (Windows Server 2000 and 2003), and Mac OS X
- Strong understanding of Regular Expressions (Regex)
- Good knowledge of networking concepts
- Familiarity with XML and HTML, CSS, XML tasks
- Ability to perform shell, Python and PERL scripts
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, a related discipline or equivalent work experience
Splunk is the leading provider of operational intelligence software used to monitor, report and analyze real-time machine data as well as terabytes of historical data located on premise or in the cloud. Almost half of the Fortune 100 and more than 2,600 enterprises, service providers and government organizations in 78 countries use Splunk to improve service levels, reduce IT Operations costs, mitigate security risks, and drive new levels of operational visibility.
Our employees are some of the brightest minds in search technology and business and have built some of the technology industry's most innovative IT management products of the last decade. Splunk was voted as one of the best places to work in the Bay Area for 4 years running.
Our HQ is located in San Francisco and we also just opened offices in Cupertino and Seattle.
Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
There's no stopping our momentum. Join us and help us to continue doing something truly special and have a blast doing it, too.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Health Care, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, PTO and sick leave, etc
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED