Technical Support Engineer NIKSUN
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED NIKSUN is the recognized worldwide leader in making the Unknown Known. The company develops and deploys a complete range of award-winning forensics, compliance, security surveillance and performance management solutions for applications ranging from core infrastructures to edge and branch environments.
1. Resolve issues for customer with problems, questions, or system operation regarding NIKSUN products and services.
2. Work in 24/7 environments.
3. Proactively use time between calls to improve product/environment knowledge, perform customer follow up, or work on other departmental projects.
4. Relay issues that are outside the scope of the Technical Support Department to the appropriate people or groups.
5. Escalate all necessary issues to the appropriate resource for resolution and follow up.
6. Ability to troubleshoot internal IT technologies and be an extension to NIKSUN's IT team.
7. Participate in all departmental and individual training programs as directed.
8. Perform other departmental tasks as needed.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Background
1. Knowledge of LAN technologies, including multiple network operating systems (NT, LAN Server), Storage systems (SAN, NAS, JBOD) RAID (RAID 0,1,5) topologies (ETHERNET)) & protocols (TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, NetBIOS/NetBEUI), and Wide Area Networking a plus.
2. Experience of handling strategic clients.
3. Good knowledge of Security Fundamentals, Network Protocols.
4. Strong hands-on knowledge and experience with PC hardware and software technology as well as UNIX/Linux. Good command in handling server?s hardware
5. Good knowledge of Networking like Router, Switch, and Hub.
6. Basic understanding of different RAID implementation.
7. Knowledge of computer hardware. Ability to troubleshoot intermediate level hardware issues. Preferably prior experience in Intel/IBM based platforms
8. Experience with Help Desk ticketing/tracking software
9. Technical Documentation Experience preferred
10. Ability to make onsite customer visits for installation/troubleshooting of NIKSUN software
11. Good communication skills and ability to work shifts.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Background
1. Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Network Engineering, MIS or equivalent and at least 3 years? experience in the field or in a related area. Any major technical certification is a plus
NIKSUN is a dynamic, professional, fast-paced company offering an attractive compensation and benefits package, including a comprehensive health and dental insurance plan, 401(k) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick time, and a flexible work environment.
||Princeton, NJ |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED