Technical Support Engineer Twilio Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Twilio is providing a platform for building modern, communications-enabled applications that are cloud based, scalable, and focused on great user experience.
- More than 200,000 developers have signed up to be a part of this disruption, building everything from call centers (Zendesk) to SMS notifications (Uber).
- Twilio customers include great brands like airbnb, eBay, Hulu, Intuit, LinkedIn, Quora, Sony, SurveyMonkey, Trulia and WalmartLabs.
- Twilio is energizing the $1.3 trillion telecom market. Come help us change communications forever.
About the job:
- You will be the first person that Twilio's customers and potential customers communicate with; we'll count on you to interact in a friendly and professional way.
- You will answer customers' basic questions quickly. If they require in-depth technical support, you will collect pertinent information for our engineers. If they have the potential to be Twilio's next big customer, you will have the judgement to fast-track them to sales.
- You'll need to hit the ground running. You will help customers understand Twilio capabilities and pricing, and as you gain more experience, you'll answer questions of increasing technical depth.
- You'll be part of a lean, savvy support team. Your working style will have a big impact on the growth of our team.
- You will help us understand customer trends, documenting and reporting what you observe to the management team in order to better improve our support process.
- Your primary work schedule may include different shifts, such as early or swing shifts or weekend days.
- You're ready to roll up your sleeves to get stuff done, doing whatever it takes to retain and delight a customer. You're excited about what they're building with Twilio.
- You are a tech-savvy "people" person who learns fast and thinks on your feet. You love working with real customers -- listening to them and solving problems. Your mission in life is to help customers get to their happy place.
- You get technology. Our customers are developers who often speak in jargon, and you can grok what they're saying.
- You can read between the lines of a customer request, understanding the question behind the question. You can anticipate the customer's next question before they even ask. You provide a proactive creative answer.
- You are a proactive and thoughtful communicator, both over the phone and via email.
- You can work independently and are not afraid to work without a safety net.
- You have excellent judgement and can prioritize customer issues based on their urgency and severity.
- You've admired the Nordstrom, Apple, Zappos, etc. service ethos.
- You hold a Bachelor's degree from a 4-year college or equivalent.
- You have demonstrated experience delivering excellent and well-informed customer support.
- Basic web application programming experience. You will be talking to developers constantly.
- Entrepreneurial and leadership experience such as starting a business and/or leading a team or club.
- You've won awards for being awesome in some way at other jobs or during school.
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k and life insurance.
- An Amazon Kindle, $30/month to spend on books and a Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Catered lunches and a weekly team dinner featuring invited technology and entrepreneurial speakers.
- Excellent gear (we Apple computers and big monitors - two if you need 'em).
- A strong belief in life/work balance.
How to apply:
- Want to stand out? Sign up and build an app using the Twilio API. Include a link to it in your cover letter. Bonus points for pointing out bugs or things that annoyed you/could be better about the platform.
||San Francisco, CA 94105 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED