Technical Support Engineer Twilio
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Twilio is providing a platform for building modern, communications-enabled applications that are cloud based, scalable, and focused on great user experience.
- More than 200,000 developers have signed up to be a part of this disruption, building everything from call centers (Zendesk) to SMS notifications (Uber).
- Twilio customers include great brands like airbnb, eBay, Hulu, Intuit, LinkedIn, Quora, Sony, SurveyMonkey, Trulia and WalmartLabs.
- Twilio is energizing the $1.3 trillion telecom market. Come help us change communications forever.
About the job:
- You will be the first person that Twilio's customers and potential customers communicate with; we'll count on you to interact in a friendly and professional way.
- You will answer customers' basic questions quickly. If they require in-depth technical support, you will collect pertinent information for our engineers. If they have the potential to be Twilio's next big customer, you will have the judgement to fast-track them to sales.
- You'll need to hit the ground running. You will help customers understand Twilio capabilities and pricing, and as you gain more experience, you'll answer questions of increasing technical depth.
- You'll be part of a lean, savvy support team. Your working style will have a big impact on the growth of our team.
- You will help us understand customer trends, documenting and reporting what you observe to the management team in order to better improve our support process.
- Your primary work schedule may include different shifts, such as early or swing shifts or weekend days.
- You're ready to roll up your sleeves to get stuff done, doing whatever it takes to retain and delight a customer. You're excited about what they're building with Twilio.
- You are a tech-savvy "people" person who learns fast and thinks on your feet. You love working with real customers -- listening to them and solving problems. Your mission in life is to help customers get to their happy place.
- You get technology. Our customers are developers who often speak in jargon, and you can grok what they're saying.
- You can read between the lines of a customer request, understanding the question behind the question. You can anticipate the customer's next question before they even ask. You provide a proactive creative answer.
- You are a proactive and thoughtful communicator, both over the phone and via email.
- You can work independently and are not afraid to work without a safety net.
- You have excellent judgement and can prioritize customer issues based on their urgency and severity.
- You've admired the Nordstrom, Apple, Zappos, etc. service ethos.
- You hold a Bachelor's degree from a 4-year college or equivalent.
- You have demonstrated experience delivering excellent and well-informed customer support.
- Basic web application programming experience. You will be talking to developers constantly.
- Entrepreneurial and leadership experience such as starting a business and/or leading a team or club.
- You've won awards for being awesome in some way at other jobs or during school.
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k and life insurance.
- An Amazon Kindle, $30/month to spend on books and a Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Catered lunches and a weekly team dinner featuring invited technology and entrepreneurial speakers.
- Excellent gear (we Apple computers and big monitors - two if you need 'em).
- A strong belief in life/work balance.
How to apply:
- Want to stand out? Sign up and build an app using the Twilio API. Include a link to it in your cover letter. Bonus points for pointing out bugs or things that annoyed you/could be better about the platform.
||San Francisco, CA 94105 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Twilio powers the future of business communications. Enabling phones, VoIP, and messaging to be embedded into web, desktop, and mobile software.Self Funded All Jobs: at Twilio
|Headquarters:||645 Harrison Street|
San Francisco, CA 94107
|Company Profile:||Twilio is the developer platform for communications. With Twilio, developers and businesses make communications contextual by embedding voice, video, messaging and authentication directly into their software. We are re-inventing the communications market, taking it from its 150-year legacy in hardware to its future in software.
Twilio has more than 700,000 registered developers. Industry disruptors including Uber, Box and DocuSign and enterprises like Nordstrom, Coca-Cola, Walmart and Home Depot trust Twilio to power and innovate their communications at global scale.
Twilio is recognized as one of the 10 Fastest Growing Companies in San Francisco, one of The Bay Area's 10 Most InDemand Startups, and has over 400 employees with offices in San Francisco, Mountain View, New York City, Bogota, Tallinn, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.|
Support Twilio with Social Media services