Technical Support Engineer SeaMicro
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED The Technical Support Engineer is a highly technical role, providing support for SeaMicro products deployed in the field. This engineer will work with extremely knowledgeable customers from the largest data centers, supporting their SeaMicro products and managing technical issues from initiation to resolution.
- Drive customer satisfaction through rapid response and resolution of technical issues
- Analyze non-functional equipment/software through remote access to identify problem areas and recommend corrective action
- Troubleshoot complicated hardware and software issues, replicate customer environments and problems in the lab. Document customer related problems, and if necessary coordinate fixes by engineering department
- Be a customer advocate for timely resolution of issues
- Participate in cross-functional tasks such as new product development projects, support readiness teams, and other documentation activities
- Authorize product returns through established company policy and guidelines
- Aid in implementation of customer support processes, documentation, and call tracking system
- Travel, as required on an exception basis, to customer sites for problem resolution
Requires a Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent work experience with a minimum of 5+ years of technical support experience in the high-tech industry. The ability to work with customers under a variety of circumstances, and while under pressure, to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative in identifying and successfully resolving technical problems at customer sites via phone, email, and remote access
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms with customers, other support and development engineers, and management
- Experience working with technically-savvy customers in large-scale data center deployments
- Working knowledge and troubleshooting capability applicable to data center technologies including: routing and switching, compute/servers, and storage. Experience with technologies such as load balancing, DHCP, ARP, NAT/PAT, and DNS a plus
- Experience in fault isolation logic and techniques; Extensive lab skills and experience with various lab testing tools
- Deep expertise in Linux, open source distributions, and Red Hat
- RHCE/RHCT, CCNA is a major plus
- Experience in start-ups is a plus.
||Santa Clara, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED