Technical Support Engineer, Tier 1 Brightcove
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Technical Support Engineer, Tier 1
Support | London, United Kingdom
Req ID: 1145
Are you passionate about working directly with customers and immediately impacting their success? Are you driven by solving technical questions and issues? We are looking for someone who is passionate about providing efficient and accurate technical assistance to our growing customer base of online video publishers. The right candidate is a highly motivated person with experiencing working in a customer facing role. Candidates must have an experienced technical background, and a working understanding of web-based technologies, and high enthusiasm for customer success.
Responsibilities include researching issues, replicating technical problems, and communicating directly with customers to provide outstanding customer support.; analyze technical trends and recommend product and documentation enhancements; and actively contribute to our online community and knowledge database for up-to-date customer information and solutions. Taking ownership of problems, tasks and progressing with them is essential to assist the team and deliver oustanding Customer Service. This is a Global team, so this role will be interacting closely with Support offices in the US, Europe, Singapore and Japan, as well as with customers around the world.
Working for Brightcove will give you a unique opportunity to join a fast growing company and play an integral role building products and online services that promise to transform the media industry and change the way people all over the world watch video.
Qualifications and Required Experience
- College degree (CS degree preferred but not required)
- 2+ years work experience in a Technical Customer Focused position
- Excellent communication skills and Strong customer focus
- Exposure to online technical problem solving and triage
- Proven analytical / problem solving ability.
- Proven ability to work with the team to quickly and calmly resolve technical issues.
- Understanding of internet technologies including browsers, networking, firewalls & proxy servers
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Required to be flexible, detail oriented and organized with the ability to multi-task.
- Strong data entry skills.
- Strong technology background with a comprehensive knowledge of PC-based (Mac a plus) applications and network applications, including knowledge of browser compatibility issues.
- Familiarity and working knowledge with online video and rich media
- Experience of video editing/encoding applications
- Working knowledge of Internet Networking processes
- Bilingual - preferably in French and/or German
This position is based in London, UK, conveniently located close to Holborn and Covent Garden London Underground Stations.
<< Back to Current Openings
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.Investors: Accel Partners All Jobs: at Brightcove
|Headquarters:||One Cambridge Center|
Cambridge, MA 02142
|Company Profile:||Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.
We're dedicated to harnessing the inherent power of the Internet to transform the distribution and consumption of media.
Brightcove empowers content ownersfrom independent producers to major broadcast networksto reach their audiences directly through the Internet. At the same time, we help web publishers enrich their sites with syndicated video programming, and we give marketers more ways to communicate and engage with their consumers.
Most importantly, we give people the freedom to easily find, watch and participate in a broad range of video contentwhen and where they choose.|
Support Brightcove with Social Media services