Technical Support Engineer/VMware Engineer HyTrust
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED As a Technical Support Engineer (TSE), you will work with assigned clients and partners acting as the primary dedicated resource to HyTrust. This position will provide email, telephone, web and potentially onsite support to new and existing customers from design, deployment, integration, live testing, training and continuous support.
The ideal candidate must be familiar with a Tier 3 support model and understand how to manage strategic accounts. The TSE will utilize their exceptional communication and people skills to build solid relationships with each assigned customer and gain insight into their business requirements.
The TSEs goal is to resolve technical issues and provide timely resolutions to each reported incident. In addition, you will work with a very talented team that continually strives to learn, educate, and improve the customer experience. The candidate must be able to work without supervision, foster teamwork, be calm under pressure and have the technical aptitude to work in production VMware vSphere environments. In this role, you will lead the support team through the most difficult cases, reproduce the problem and work with the necessary quality assurance and engineering resources to provide a successful resolution while maintaining Service Level Agreements.
Successful TSEs are customer advocates who enjoy helping people, have excellent time management and prioritization skills, and are natural problem solvers.
This position is based at the HyTrust HQ office in Mountain View, CA and primarily provides remote support to customers worldwide during the hours of 6AM - 6PM PT.
- Become an expert on HyTrust Appliance
- Respond to customer inquiries, assuring timely status updates and issue resolution
- Resolve any customer technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting
- Work directly with staff in quality assurance, engineering, sales, and marketing to resolve customer issues
- Document all technical inquiries; Author knowledgebase articles for internal and external use
- Product readiness and author product documentation prior to new releases
- Develop and deliver training
- Participate in testing software builds prior to release
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Education, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- VMware VCP Certified
- Hands on experience with VMware vCenter, ESX(i) Server and Nexus 1000v
- 4+ years enterprise software experience in technical support or related disciplines
- Must have excellent customer handling skills and be comfortable working in high stress environments
- Fluent verbal communication in English
- Excellent writing and editing skills with 1-2 years experience in technical writing
- Knowledge of CRM systems (Parature and Salesforce preferred)
- Previous early-stage company experience is a plus
Other desirable skills:
- Strong Linux or UNIX administration skills
- Setup and operation of TCP/IP networking on Linux or UNIX systems
- Hands-on experience working on switch configuration, routing protocols, TCP/UDP/IP, policy routing, L2/L3 planning
- Ability to program and debug Perl administration scripts, PowerShell and / or Java
- Familiarity with Eclipse
- Technical Certifications (VMware VCP, CCNA, MCSE, etc.)
- Experience in a professional services role (TAM, Consulting architect)
- Fluent second language
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Investors: Epic Ventures
, Granite Ventures
, Trident Capital All Jobs: at HyTrust
|Headquarters:||1975 West El Camino Real|
Mountain View, CA 94040
|Company Profile:||HyTrust is a leader in policy-driven proactive security controls, multi-tenancy, and compliance for cloud infrastructures. HyTrust Appliance is purpose-built for the dynamic nature of virtualized environments, enabling them to be secure and operationally ready as physical environments.
HyTrust, Inc. headquartered in Mountain View, CA is backed by top tier investors, Granite Ventures, Cisco Systems, Trident Capital and Epic Ventures; and its partners include VMware, Intel, CA, RSA, and Symantec.
Support HyTrust with Social Media services