Technical Support Engineer Bit9
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Technical Support Engineer
The Support Engineer is the first line of contact for customers experiencing issues with installation, configuration, operation and management of Bit9 solutions. They are, in many ways, the post-sale âface of Bit9â and must be passionate about helping our customers solve problems.
The Support Engineer will field queries via phone, email and web portal of the CRM solution. Queries will range in complexity from âhow toâ questions through involved debugging and forensic efforts when tracking down operational anomalies. The ability to visualize problems remotely is key to being successful in this role along with excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills. This resource will be responsible for diagnosis and analysis of customer issues and will be expected to bring first level detailed diagnosis over from Support into Engineering.
This role will need to be filled by a hard-working individual who is committed to customer success and is comfortable living in both the Support and Engineering environments; translating internal Engineering-speak into clear concise directions for customers and vice-versa.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential responsibilities include:
Qualifications & requirements:
- Provide exceptional customer service while responding to phone, e-mail and online requests for technical support
- Represent the customer to ensure serviceability and product quality issues are being tracked, prioritized, resolved, and incorporated into the product release cycle
- Assist customers in the installation and deployment of Bit9âs software products
- Track and monitor all support cases to ensure timely resolution and follow-up
- Clearly identify, document, and find solutions for customer issues and product problems
- Escalate critical customer situations to the appropriate level of management and engineering expertise
- Communicate technical issues and solutions to the engineering, QA, sales, and support teams as well as to the customer base
- Contribute to documentation and knowledgebase article library
- Model Bit9 core values: Accountability, Creativity/Resourcefulness, Energy/Passion, Leadership, Integrity/Honesty, Smart/Critical Thinking, Teaming
Bit9 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only direct applications will be considered; no recruiters please.
- 5+ years relevant experience supporting a distributed software technology in a Windows and Mac, or Linux environment, ideally an agent based product
- Required OSX or Linux platform experience with supporting technologies/products
- Operational experience with MS SQL Server technologies
- Experience in the enterprise security space
- Experience supporting multiple, simultaneous engagements
- Familiarity with software distribution, patch management, and anti-viral technologies
- Excellent analysis and debugging skill
- Ability to function as an individual contributor and/or a member of a team
- Ability to work a day shift with responsibilities a few times a month for an on call after hours rotation
||Waltham, MA |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED