Technical Support Engineer â Washington D.C- Top Secret Compartmented Information (TSCI) Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Location: Travel throughout Washington D.C. / and located in our Bethesda MD office
MUST be U.S. Citizen and already have a Top Secret Comppartmented Information Clearance (TSCI)
You will use your technical expertise and Top Secret Clearance to provide high level support to some of nation's most prestigious federal & military organizations. The support team at Splunk is a critical part of our future success, and we are looking for absolutely the best people out there. We take the success of our customers seriously. We feel their joy. We feel their pain. Are you up for the challenge?
Splunk is seeking a Technical Support Engineer (with a Top Secret Clearance) to provide enterprise level support to our Federal customers and partners. This is a very dynamic and high profile role where you will provide technical assistance, troubleshoot and resolve customer problems, interface with engineering on various product issues, and contribute to projects revolving around support tools, knowledge management, our growing market place of solutions, and more.
Responsibilities: I can do that!
Requirements: I've already done that!
- Provide high level and critical support to our expanding Federal customers
- Develop & maintain processes to protect the confidentiality, integrity, authenticity of information at appropriate levels.
- View Splunk logs for troubleshooting
- Travel 80% of the time to Federal clients/customers around the Washington D.C. area and 20% in the U.S.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Splunk product
- Troubleshoot technical issues to establish the root cause of problems and form a solution or workaround across a range of environments
- Provide documentation content and participate in online forum support for real-time questions from Splunk users.
- Reproduce customer issues and if necessary file bug reports, escalate cases to engineering, and provide necessary documentation
Education: Got it!
- Experience with the following systems is a must: UNIX (Linux, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX), Windows, and Mac OS X
- Understanding of regular expressions (Regex) and Python scripting
- Knowledge in the following areas is a plus: Perl and shell scripting, XML, HTML
- Be able to isolate problems between hardware and software and provide information to appropriate development team(s)
- The ability to shift gears and focus is essential when supporting a product like Splunk
- Solid knowledge of networking concepts
- Highly developed, process-oriented skills for troubleshooting, problem solving, and problem resolution
- Superior written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Must be able to work in a fast paced technical environment and support a product with frequent product releases and regular maintenance updates
- Demonstrated experience to support and maintain securfity processes, procedures and policies
- Current/previous experience with Splunk strongly preferred (huge plus with a TS clearance)
- Ability to travel about 80% around Washington D.C. to visit customers and commute to our Bethesda MD office
- Some overnight travel required
- 2 to 3 years' experience in a Technical Support role
- MUST already have a current 'Top Security Compartmented Information' Clearance (TSCI)
- U.S. Citizen
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science or similar degree or equivalent work experience
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has almost 6.000 customers in over 90countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 800 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, and offices in Cupertino, CA, Bethesda, MD, Seattle, WA, Plano, TX and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Health Care, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, Commuter benefits, PTO and sick leave, 401K, 3 weeks vacation, 2 completely stacked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Monday and Bagel Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, bbqs, soccer, ski trips, on-site yoga classes, health fairs.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
||Travel throughout Washington, WA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED