Technical Support Lead Narrative Science
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Job opening ID15
Roles and responsibilitiesThe Technology Support Lead will be responsible for providing on-site technical support for Narrative Science Chicago, remote technical support for our New York offices and support of cloud services, both internal and customer facing, ensuring a high degree of employee and customer satisfaction. This will include providing hands-on advanced computer hardware, network, and software installation, support and troubleshooting for PCs, PC-based hardware and software, office servers, office networks and networking hardware and setup of a corporate VPN.
Furthermore, the Technical Support Lead will manage key corporate assets, administer internal corporate services hosted by Narrative Science on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and provide support for third-party enterprise cloud services purchased by Narrative Science. The Technical Support Lead will also participate in creating, maintaining and training of internal IT policies and compliance with industry standards, including SAS-70 / SOC-2.
The Technology Support Lead will report to the VP of Engineering, will sit with the Engineering team and have the opportunity to participate in Engineering discussions and events. This is a key role for the company and it has much growth potential. We are looking to hire asap.
- Administer, monitor and maintain security for PCs, corporate firewalls, routers, file servers, printer servers and e-mail server systems.
- Perform system backups on all computers or servers for each system supported.
- Perform routine and emergency technical support both on-site and remotely for PCs, servers, firewalls, routers, switches, and other hardware and software components in facilities across the US.
- Create and maintain documentation for all supported systems including work done and resources used.
- Provide hands-on resolution for networking and PCs, including diagnosis, hardware repair and application assistance.
- Evaluate, recommend and arrange the purchase of new LAN/WAN equipment, laptop / workstation hardware/software and services as needed.
- Setup and support, plus diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues involving internet connectivity, email clients, IPTV, VOIP and more.
- Identify component needs for new laptop / workstation equipment purchases, place orders with approved vendors and arrange shipments or service to company locations.
- Make recommendations to improve data security, speed, and storage of all types of data communications.
- Participate in the management of Narrative Science AWS accounts, purchase and use of AWS services, work with AWS customer support.
- Setup and maintain a corporate VPN.
- Lead SAS-70 / SOC-2 compliance efforts and other compliance related efforts.
- Ensure a high degree of employee and customer satisfaction by building relationship with employees and customers, offering friendly, professional, and efficient support.
- Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor?s Degree with 4 years IT experience supporting hardware and software OR 8+ years of equivalent technical work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in hands-on computer support, network administration, and operating and server systems required.
- Hands-on proficiency with Mac OS X (our primary OS), Apple applications and Apple hardware.
- Hands-on proficiency with Windows and PCs a plus (minor admin support required).
- Experience with remote desktop support software and ticketing systems preferred.
- Strong hands-on proficiency with Linux and experience in administering users, security, libraries, applications, scripts and services.
- Experience with networking equipment (Firewalls, Switches, Access Points, Routers).
- Experience setting up and administering VPNs.
||Chicago, IL |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED