Technical Support Manager Twilio
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Twilio is providing a platform for building modern, communications-enabled applications that are cloud-based, scalable, and focused on great user experience.
- More than 200,000 developers have signed up to be a part of this disruption, building everything from call centers (Zendesk) to SMS notifications (Uber).
- Twilio customers include great brands like airbnb, eBay, Hulu, Intuit, LinkedIn, Quora, Sony, SurveyMonkey, Trulia and WalmartLabs.
- Twilio is energizing the $1.3 trillion telecom market. Come help us change communications forever.
About the job:
- Twilio supports over 200,000 developers and businesses, with customers ranging from startups to Fortune 500 companies. We believe the most important part of "Software-as-a-Service" is the "service", and strive to provide a world-class experience for customers with a combination of humans, software, and process. The Technical Support Manager will contribute to the success of our customers by providing a world-class support experience.
- Manage an existing team of technical support engineers. The team has a standard of excellence for customer satisfaction, delivering to a wide variety of developer customers that are spread out across the globe.
- Promote growth within your team through training and coaching of existing employees.
- Hire and train new employees to supplement your existing employees, increasing the standard of excellence and maintaining a strong culture of teamwork and customer service.
- Work with our customers to understand their problems, frustrations and roadblocks. Provide your analysis to internal stakeholders, educating and evangelizing for improvements that result in a support experience that delights Twilio's customers.
- Work with our product management and engineering teams to provide quantitative feedback of customer issues. Help drive product improvements to reduce customer frustration and friction.
- Develop advanced metrics to refine performance of your team. Set a high bar of achievement for your employees, and drive them to constantly exceed expectations. And then you will set the bar even higher.
- Identify proactive projects that can be executed by you and your team, focusing on continuous improvement within your team.
- At least 7-10 years of experience working in technical customer support organizations for software and/or telecommunications companies, with a significant portion of that time as a hands-on customer-facing support person. You've been on the front line and have the battle scars to prove it.
- At least 3 years experience as a people manager in support organizations, including a proven track record of hiring and mentoring employees. Must have managed teams with 5 or more members.
- Experience working in a 24x7x365 support operation.
- Experience hiring and managing remote employees is preferred, including satellite offices and home-based workers.
- Experience supporting an enterprise B2B product set.
- Strong domain knowledge in the latest tools and techniques for delivering world-class customer support.
- Experience designing and deploying custom, software-driven processes to help drive quality at scale with minimal human involvement.
- Passion for measurement, metrics and continuous improvement across the organization.
- Ability to partner and collaborate and communicate with executive leadership and peers in other departments (technical and non-technical).
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k and life insurance.
- An Amazon Kindle, $30/month to spend on books and a Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Catered lunches and a weekly team dinner featuring invited technology and entrepreneurial speakers.
- Excellent gear (we Apple computers and big monitors - two if you need 'em).
- A strong belief in work/life balance.
How to apply:
- Want to stand out? Sign up and build an app using the Twilio API. Include a link to it in your cover letter.
- Bonus points for pointing out bugs or things that annoyed you/could be better about the platform.
||San Francisco, CA 94105 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Twilio powers the future of business communications. Enabling phones, VoIP, and messaging to be embedded into web, desktop, and mobile software.Self Funded All Jobs: at Twilio
|Headquarters:||645 Harrison Street|
San Francisco, CA 94107
|Company Profile:||Twilio is the developer platform for communications. With Twilio, developers and businesses make communications contextual by embedding voice, video, messaging and authentication directly into their software. We are re-inventing the communications market, taking it from its 150-year legacy in hardware to its future in software.
Twilio has more than 700,000 registered developers. Industry disruptors including Uber, Box and DocuSign and enterprises like Nordstrom, Coca-Cola, Walmart and Home Depot trust Twilio to power and innovate their communications at global scale.
Twilio is recognized as one of the 10 Fastest Growing Companies in San Francisco, one of The Bay Area's 10 Most InDemand Startups, and has over 400 employees with offices in San Francisco, Mountain View, New York City, Bogota, Tallinn, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.|
Support Twilio with Social Media services