Technical Support Manager Twilio Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Twilio is providing a platform for building modern, communications-enabled applications that are cloud-based, scalable, and focused on great user experience.
- More than 200,000 developers have signed up to be a part of this disruption, building everything from call centers (Zendesk) to SMS notifications (Uber).
- Twilio customers include great brands like airbnb, eBay, Hulu, Intuit, LinkedIn, Quora, Sony, SurveyMonkey, Trulia and WalmartLabs.
- Twilio is energizing the $1.3 trillion telecom market. Come help us change communications forever.
About the job:
- Twilio supports over 200,000 developers and businesses, with customers ranging from startups to Fortune 500 companies. We believe the most important part of "Software-as-a-Service" is the "service", and strive to provide a world-class experience for customers with a combination of humans, software, and process. The Technical Support Manager will contribute to the success of our customers by providing a world-class support experience.
- Manage an existing team of technical support engineers. The team has a standard of excellence for customer satisfaction, delivering to a wide variety of developer customers that are spread out across the globe.
- Promote growth within your team through training and coaching of existing employees.
- Hire and train new employees to supplement your existing employees, increasing the standard of excellence and maintaining a strong culture of teamwork and customer service.
- Work with our customers to understand their problems, frustrations and roadblocks. Provide your analysis to internal stakeholders, educating and evangelizing for improvements that result in a support experience that delights Twilio's customers.
- Work with our product management and engineering teams to provide quantitative feedback of customer issues. Help drive product improvements to reduce customer frustration and friction.
- Develop advanced metrics to refine performance of your team. Set a high bar of achievement for your employees, and drive them to constantly exceed expectations. And then you will set the bar even higher.
- Identify proactive projects that can be executed by you and your team, focusing on continuous improvement within your team.
- At least 7-10 years of experience working in technical customer support organizations for software and/or telecommunications companies, with a significant portion of that time as a hands-on customer-facing support person. You've been on the front line and have the battle scars to prove it.
- At least 3 years experience as a people manager in support organizations, including a proven track record of hiring and mentoring employees. Must have managed teams with 5 or more members.
- Experience working in a 24x7x365 support operation.
- Experience hiring and managing remote employees is preferred, including satellite offices and home-based workers.
- Experience supporting an enterprise B2B product set.
- Strong domain knowledge in the latest tools and techniques for delivering world-class customer support.
- Experience designing and deploying custom, software-driven processes to help drive quality at scale with minimal human involvement.
- Passion for measurement, metrics and continuous improvement across the organization.
- Ability to partner and collaborate and communicate with executive leadership and peers in other departments (technical and non-technical).
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k and life insurance.
- An Amazon Kindle, $30/month to spend on books and a Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Catered lunches and a weekly team dinner featuring invited technology and entrepreneurial speakers.
- Excellent gear (we Apple computers and big monitors - two if you need 'em).
- A strong belief in work/life balance.
How to apply:
- Want to stand out? Sign up and build an app using the Twilio API. Include a link to it in your cover letter.
- Bonus points for pointing out bugs or things that annoyed you/could be better about the platform.
||San Francisco, CA 94105 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED